Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Doctoral dissertation enhancement projects

Doctoral dissertation enhancement projects

Oct/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement …

Doctoral dissertation enhancement projects

Buy Essay Online Cheap -

auto narrative essay My eyes were red and doctoral dissertation enhancement projects burning as blood slowly ran down my forehead. My cramped and trembling fingers hovered over the keyboard like it was a Ouija board. I closed my eyes and, when I opened them again, the blog post was finished. It was like nothing I had written before. Okay, so, that didn’t happen.

But, with any luck, that beginning has motivated you to read the art and rest of this blog post. And, therein lies the magic of a hook. It can be difficult to keep your audience reading–because, let’s face it, most of dissertation enhancement projects us have short attention spans. However, a good hook can do just that. It’s the difference between pulling your reader into help, your writing and losing them to other distractions. Without an interesting hook, you can lose your reader before the second paragraph. Projects! A good hook is key to term papers abortions, nearly every essay you write, but maybe none more so than in the narrative essay. So, let’s take a look at how to start a narrative essay.

Before you can fully engage in what makes the perfect hook for your narrative essay, let’s make sure you know what a narrative essay is exactly. A narrative, quite simply, is a story. Unlike other essays in dissertation projects which you may need to argue or prove something, a narrative essay is about telling a story. Essay! Quite often, of course, this will be a story from your life. We all have stories.

We tell them often. However, not all of those stories in your brain will make for dissertation enhancement, a good narrative essay. For example, you may have a really funny story about the time you ate grass as a kid and threw up at school. But, what will the papers reader take away from the story? Don’t eat grass?

Well, we already know that . Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement! Perhaps you also have a story about the first time you cut the lawn. You remember it being fun, exciting. However, the moment your father offered to art and design, pay you to do it, it suddenly felt unappealing, like work. Now, this story has potential, featuring a character transformation and a lesson to be learned. Projects! A good narrative essay will be fun to write, interesting to read, and meaningful in some way, among other things.

And, it should all start with an melayu, awesome hook. Why Is It Important to Know How to dissertation, Start a Narrative Essay off on an Interesting Foot? Well, let’s keep this simple, shall we? When we write something, we want people to read what we have written. Essays! That goes double for something that is personal, like a narrative essay. However, if the reader isn’t engaged in your writing, they aren’t going to finish it.

Why would they when they could be learning about the Arab Spring through Jurassic Park Gifs?! ( Cough DieBuzzfeed Cough) . This makes it utterly important that you grab their attention early. Whereas they have the opportunity to learn something incredibly useful from your stellar narrative, the vortex of technological distractions can blend their brains into a fine puree. So, please, start your essay off on an interesting foot. Please. Think of the doctoral dissertation projects children. Online Help Writing! A good hook sentence grabs your audience and refuses to let go. It sets the tone for doctoral enhancement projects, the rest of your story. Design! It gets under your reader’s skin right from the doctoral dissertation projects beginning and starts to stir those feelings that your narrative essay intends to address. Papers! 16 Awesome Hooks to Start a Narrative Essay. There are myriad ways in doctoral dissertation which you can formulate your hook sentence. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, because, well, writing doesn’t always fit into a mold.

It involves being bold and striking out on your own and for essay trusting your gut, even if your writing doesn’t fit neatly into a category. However, having said that, there are some tried-and-true methods for hooking a reader. Here are few of the most common types of hooks, along with some awesome examples: Is there a piece of literature that influenced you or relates directly to your story? Use a quote from it to eloquently connect your reader to your narrative. I had felt so alone for so long, wondering why I was different, why I couldn’t be normal, when I read Kurt Vonnegut’s Player Piano for the first time: “I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the enhancement projects center.” That was it. I was alone in my room reading On the Road in which Jack Kerouac wrote, “A pain stabbed my heart, as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world.” I was immediately transported back to that heavy summer day at Penn Station, July 23, 2010. Has a famous person inspired you in some way?

The good news is online help writing, that your reader probably knows the projects person too, you know, because of the whole famous thing. Term Papers! Tap into dissertation enhancement projects, that connection. Mba Custom Papers! Christopher McCandless once said, “The joy of life comes from doctoral enhancement projects our encounters with new experiences and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and resume melayu different sun.” It was in this spirit that I packed a small bag and doctoral dissertation projects left home at the age of 18. As Socrates waited for his execution, he practiced a tune on resume his flute. When asked what was the use, he replied, “To know this tune before dying.” I can’t explain my own motivations any better. I just need to know. No matter whether it’s funny or moving, starting your essay, right off the bat, with an intriguing anecdote from your story can be a great way to enhancement, raise questions in your reader that keep them reading until the papers abortions end. Authors do this all of the enhancement projects time. One day, when I was ten years old, my father woke me for bahasa, school.

We had cereal together in doctoral dissertation projects the kitchen. He asked if I’d brushed my teeth. He walked me to the bus stop and essay told me to have a good day. It was a completely normal morning, which is what really gets me, because it was the last time I ever saw him. The children talked about me, as they tended to do, not knowing that I could understand what they were saying. Projects! “Look at his eyes and his nose. So weird.” The life of an American in China is somewhat akin to an animal in a zoo, I suppose.

If you have more of gcse history a direct style, instead of writing an anecdote meant to stir up questions in your reader, you may choose to just present them with a question. Again, the search for the answer can keep the pages turning. They assured me that my choice would change nothing. But, how could it not? Could you sit down at sixteen years old and choose between your father and your mother, knowing the other will be devastated? You just won the dissertation lottery. We’ve all imagined this scenario from time to time. Scheme! What would you buy? Where would you go?

What would change? Well, what if I told you that you didn’t need to enhancement projects, win the lottery at all? Would you believe me? If you want to be even more direct, try bypassing the questions and simply hitting your reader with the answer. Now, obviously, no one likes to design essays, be told what to think, so the dissertation projects idea is to feed the reader a bit of resume melayu a shocking statement that motivates them to find out how you arrived at it. Nothing you learn in the first seventeen years of your life means a thing. This was crystal clear the day I turned eighteen. Dissertation! There is no such thing as free will. If it existed, I would have had a say in when, where, and to whom I was born.

The idea here is to present your reader with a fact that they are unaware of. Bahasa Melayu! Obviously, since we are talking about narrative essays, this will somehow have to relate to you personally. If executed correctly, it will add another layer to your story, putting it into perspective for the reader. Every cell in the human body is replaced over the course of about seven years. Dissertation Projects! That means, not one part of me from that April day ten years ago is still with me today.

Write now, as you read this, you are flying through space at a speed of essay friendships 67,000 mph. There have been times in my life when I swear I could feel it. A narrative essay is not only about getting your message across. You must pull your reader into the story. You can do this by clearly describing your setting so your reader can envision it; once in, it will be difficult for them to get out. As he pounded on the door, the doctoral dissertation room shook.

I knew it would open eventually, and nothing would be the narrative essay friendships same, but I wasn’t watching the projects door. I couldn’t take my eyes off the Little League trophy that was slowly moving closer and closer to papers, the edge of my shelf. There was an old water tower in my hometown that I’d climb from time to time. I’d sit dangling my feet off the edge, picking at the flaking turquoise paint, and watching the cars carry those lucky people down that road, towards the setting sun, far away from me. How can statistics relate to projects, a narrative essay? Well, that depends on your story, but they can help the reader understand where you’ve been or where you’re going.

25% of anorexia and bulimia sufferers are men, so why did I feel so alone? The average American consumes 77.1 liters of beer per year in the United States. Then again, my father wasn’t average. Mba Custom! As alluded to before, this isn’t a complete list. However, with any luck, these examples have helped inspire you to understand how to start a narrative essay with a great hook. If you still feel unsure about your hook, or your narrative essay in dissertation enhancement projects general, send it over to the dedicated editors at term, Kibin. They will give you honest, constructive feedback on doctoral dissertation enhancement projects how hooked they felt after reading your introduction. Until then, explore the resume rest of the Kibin blog for doctoral dissertation projects, stimulating content that nurtures the mind instead of turning it into mush. Psst. 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays.

About the Author. Jared is a Kibin editor, a wanderer, and an ESL teacher. He grew up in abortions a really small town in Missouri with his nose in a book and doctoral dissertation enhancement projects a pen in his hand. Resume! The basic way of five steps:an introduction,a plot,a setting,a climax and finally the conclusion. Almost always for doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, non native English speakers is narrative, a little bit difficult to write a narrative essay,but I think with lot of dissertation projects practice is possible. By the term papers abortions way this is my introduction. Thanks) Awesomesauce! Thanks for reading #128578; This is really the doctoral most helpful thing I#8217;ve ever read. Thrilled that we could help, Emily #128578; Thanks for mba custom papers, reading!

Thanks my homie, yu really helped i now know how to right better.; thanks yu.

Write My Paper -

odyssey xenia essay Literary Terms and dissertation enhancement, Definitions: M. This page is under perpetual construction! It was last upda ted September 1, 2017. This list is meant to assist, not intimidate.

Use it as a touchstone for important concepts and vocabulary that we will cover during the gcse coursework scheme term. Vocabulary terms are listed alphabetically. MABINOGI (Welsh, Four Branches): The four branches or four parts of The Mabinogion , a medieval collection of Welsh myths and enhancement projects, legends important in Celtic studies generally and in Arthurian legends more specifically. MACHIAVELLIAN : As an adjective, the word refers generally to sneaky, ruthless, and narrative friendships, deceitful behavior, especially in doctoral dissertation, regard to a ruler obsessed with power who puts on a surface veneer of honor and trustworthy behavior in order to achieve evil ends. The term originates in a treatise known as The Prince . This work was written by Nicco ló Machiavelli, an early sixteenth-century political advisor who worked for the Borgia family in Italy. In contrast to gcse history coursework the medieval ideal of the ruler as God's holy deputy and dispenser of doctoral, justice, Machiavelli stressed that effective rulers often must engage in evil (or at least immoral) activities to ensure the stability of their rule.

He suggests that, based on the evidence of history and his own personal observations, the rulers that have remained in power have not been kindly, benevolent men concerned with justice and fairness, but rather ruthless individuals willing to do anything to ensure the security of their state and papers abortions, their own personal power. Click here for dissertation projects, more information. MACHIEVELLE (also spelled machiavel ): A villain, especially an Italian aristocratic power-monger, or a deceitful betrayer, who behaves according to the principles established by Niccoló Machiavelli. (See Machiavellian , above.) The machievelle became a stock character in many Renaissance plays associated with sinister plots, blackest betrayal, and wicked resourcefulness. Examples from bahasa Shakespeare include Richard of Gloucester in Richard III and Edmund and Cornwall in King Lear . MACARONIC TEXT : Any medieval or modern manuscript written in doctoral dissertation projects, a jumble of several languages--say a mixture of Latin and resume bahasa melayu, French or Latin and German--is said to be macaronic. The mixture might involve bilingual vocabulary and grammatical switches within a single sentence, or in alternating lines or paragraphs, or in purely random intervals.

Examples from the Restoration period would be the steamier scenes of Samuel Pepys' diary entries for 1666-1668, in which Pepys frequently mingles Spanish and enhancement projects, Latin words in the text to resume bahasa melayu hide the exact details of his sexual indiscretions. Doctoral Enhancement Projects. Cf. code-switching . MACROCOSM (Cf. microcosm): The natural universe as a whole, including the gcse history coursework scheme biological realms of flora and fauna, weather, and celestial objects such as the sun, moon, and stars. See discussion under chain of being . MACROLOGIA (Grk. big language or long language): Also called macrology , in doctoral dissertation, rhetoric, a negative term for a type of help for essay, periphrasis involving unnecessary repetition of lengthy clauses. See discussion under periphrasis . MACRON : A diacritical mark in the form of doctoral enhancement, a horizontal line indicating the vowel beneath it is long. MAENAD : Also known as bacchae or thyiads , maenads were female worshippers of Dionysus or Bacchus. In the mystery cult of Dionysus, worshippers would get drunk on wine and then undergo an all-night process of stylized frenzied dancing in order to for essay writing achieve the divine state of ekstasos . Dissertation Enhancement Projects. At the papers height of the doctoral enhancement projects frenzy, they believed that they would become one with Dionysus/Bacchus, thus the papers common Latin name bacchae for projects, these priestesses, a feminine plural form of the god Bacchus' name. Essay. In legendary accounts, such women were supernaturally strong and wildly violent.

They would run through the forest naked after the ceremonies and doctoral, would catch small animals (or in some myths men and children!), rip them apart bare-handed, and then eat the flesh raw. In literature, Euripides' tragedy The Bacchae is a dramatic retelling of the arrival of the narrative Dionysiac rites in Greece. MAGIC REALISM : In 1925, Franz Roh first applied the dissertation projects term magic realism ( magischer Realismus in term papers, German) to dissertation a group of neue Saqchlichkeit painters in Munich (Cuddon 531). These painters blended realistic, smoothly painted, sharply defined figures and objects--but in a surrealistic setting or backdrop, giving them an narrative friendships, outlandish, odd, or even dream-like qualilty. In the doctoral projects 1940s and 1950s, the term migrated to the prose fiction of various writers including Jorge Luis Borges in Argentina, Gabriel Garcia Márquez in Colombia, and Alejo Carpentier in Cuba. The influence also spread later to Günter Grass in Germany and John Fowles in England (Abrams 135). These postmodern writers mingle and juxtapose realistic events with fantastic ones, or they experiment with shifts in time and setting, labyrinthine narratives and term abortions, plots and arcane erudition (135), and often they combine myths and fairy stories with gritty Hemingway-esque detail.

This mixture create truly dreamlike and bizarre effects in their prose. An example of magic realism (and one of my own personal favorites in postmodern narrative) would be Gabriel Garcia Márquez's short story, A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings, a narrative in which a fisherman discovers a filthy, lice-ridden old man trapped face-down in doctoral, the muddy shore of the beach, weighed down by enormous buzzard wings attached to his back. A neighbor identifies the old man as an term papers abortions, angel who had come down to claim the fisherman's sick and feverish child but who had been knocked out the sky by storm winds during the previous night. Not having the doctoral enhancement heart to club the sickly angel to mba custom death, the protagonist decides instead to keep the supernatural being captive in a chicken coop. The very premise of the story reveals much of the flavor of magic realism. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement Projects. Cf. postmodernism . MAIAR : Semidivine spirits in Tolkien's Silmarillion . See discussion under Valar . MAJUSCULE : A large letter or a capital letter as opposed to minuscule . MAL MARIÉE : The stock character in medieval romances, lais , and fabliaux of an unhappily married wife, often married to a senex amans . An example is the female protagonist in Marie de France's Laustic or Guigemar.

MALAPROPISM : Misusing words to create a comic effect or characterize the speaker as being too confused, ignorant, or flustered to art and design essays use correct diction. Doctoral Dissertation. Typically, the malapropism involves the confusion of two polysyllabic words that sound somewhat similar but have different meanings. For instance, in Richard Sheridan's The Rivals , we hear, She's as headstrong as an allegory on the banks of the Nile. Dogberry the Watchman in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing says, Comparisons are odorous, and later, It shall be siffigance--both malapropisms. In Sheridan, we also find pineapple instead of online writing, pinnacle , and we read in Twain's Huckleberry Finn how one character declares, I was most putrified with astonishment instead of petrified, and so on. The best malapropisms sound sufficiently similar to the correct word to let the audience recognize the intended meaning and laugh at dissertation enhancement projects, the incongruous result.

Cf. acyron . MANET / MANENT : Common Latin stage directions found in online help for essay writing, the margins of Shakespearean plays. Manet is the singular for He [or she] remains. Manent is the doctoral plural form for multiple individuals. Often the online help for essay writing phrase is accompanied with explanatory remarks, such as Manent utras (The others remain on stage), or Manet solus (He alone remains). MANNER OF ARTICULATION : In linguistics, how the speech organs of dissertation enhancement projects, lips, tongue, and papers abortions, vocal cords must be arranged in order to produce a particular sound such as a nasal, a stop, a fricative, or so on. MANUSCRIPT : A text written by hand, as opposed to dissertation one printed with a printing press. ( Manus is Latin for hand; scriptum is a Latin participle for history coursework mark scheme, written.) Early Egyptian manuscripts are written on doctoral dissertation enhancement crushed and flattened papyrus reeds and rolled up as scrolls.

Later, parchment and vellum (animal skins) became the bahasa primary means of transmitting texts. In the late Roman and dissertation, early Patristic period, individual pages were bound between covers as a codex or a book, a practice that continues today. Resume Bahasa. Paper as we know it became common in dissertation enhancement projects, the Middle East in the twelfth century, but it took another three hundred years for the art of essay, paper-making to spread through Europe. By Shakespeare's day, printed paper had largely replaced manuscripts written on doctoral dissertation enhancement projects vellum, but the mechanics of mba custom, printing often tried to imitate the familiar features of manuscripts. In medieval scholarship, the doctoral abbreviation MS stands for resume melayu, manuscript, and British scholars often use the dissertation projects plural form MSS for essays, manuscripts. TS and TSSare the equivalent terms for typeset documents. Some important medieval literary manuscripts include the dissertation projects Ellesmere , the Hengwyrt , and narrative friendships, the Nowell Codex . You can click here to see the doctoral dissertation first page of Beowulf from the Nowell Codex. Essays. See also parchment , vellum , quire , hair side , and dissertation projects, flesh side . MAQAMA : Picaresque Arabic stories in rhymed prose. The two most famous writers in this genre include Abu al-Fadl Ahmed ibn al-Husian al Hamadhani and Abu Mohammed al Qasim al-Hariri.

MÄRCHEN : A technical German word used in online for essay, folklore scholarship to refer to doctoral fairy tales. See discussion under fairy tale . MARCHING SONG : A song with strong metrical beat designed to help soldiers keep time so they can march in step, usually performed by essay friendships a military band. Examples include the death march in Wagner's Götterdamerung or Beethoven's Eroica . Tolkien has the Ents in The Lord of the Rings sing a tune matching the rhythmical constraints of a marching song as they head into war with Isengard in The Lord of the Rings (484-85). Contrast with walking song . MARGINALIA : Drawings, notation, illumination, and doctoral, doodles appearing in the margins of a medieval text, rather than the central text itself. MARKED WORD : A word that has some limitation or boundary in its meaning when contrasted with an art and essays, unmarked word without such a limitation or boundary. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement Projects. Algeo points to the example of stallion (marked for male gender) and mare (marked for female gender) in contrast with the word horse , which is unmarked for gender (323).

MARRIAGE GROUP : A term coined by George L. Papers. Kittredge in 1912 to describe a specific set of doctoral enhancement projects, stories in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. The marriage group includes The Wife of Bath's Tale, The Clerk's Tale, The Merchant's Tale, and The Franklin's Tale. All four narratives deal with the question of the proper relationship between men and women in resume, marriage. The intervening tales of the Friar, Summoner, and Squire serve as interruptions of this longer-running thematic concern about doctoral enhancement projects, gender. Friendships. Some critics, especially those who accept the Bradshaw Shift , argue that the marriage group also includes Melibee, The Man of Law's Tale, and The Nun's Priest's Tale. MARY SUE : A character beloved by the author but often despised by readers and editors--an unrealistic character with overly idealized behavior who lacks any perceivable flaws--especially one serving as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author. Doctoral. This term is an eponym from a character in scheme, Paula Smith's 1973 parody, A Trekkie's Tale, and in subsequent decades became popular among editors in science-fiction publishing houses to refer to poorly written, annoying, and unlikely characters written by amateur authors.

MASCULINE ENDING / MASCULINE RHYME : Rhymes that end with a heavy stress on the last syllable in each rhyming word. See under discussion of meter . MASHAL (plural meshalim ): In the Hebrew tradition, a mashal is a broad, general term including almost any type of figurative language from short riddles to long, extended allegories. It denotes mysterious speech. Some of the Psalms, for doctoral enhancement, instance, are designated as meshalim . The New Testament Greek often translates the term as parabole or parable . This translation, however, causes some problem. In Greek, parabole are always allegorical and open to point-by-point interpretation. Parabole were often used as a simple method of teaching by example or analogy. The meshalim in Hebrew, however, was often intentionally confusing or deliberately obfuscating in term papers, nature--much more like the Greek enigma (riddle). We can see this confusion in doctoral enhancement projects, the New Testament, where Mark interprets the purpose of the parables as Hebrew meshalim . In Mark, Jesus tells his disciples: The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. Papers. But to those on dissertation the outside everything is said in parables so that, 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise, they might turn and be forgiven' (Mark 4:11-12). The common, modern idea that Christ uses parables for simple pedagogic purposes (i.e., so that even a child could understand the friendships secrets of heaven) is a creation of the medieval period, much later. MASORETIC (from Hebrew Masorah , handed over): The Masoretic texts are partly Hebrew and partly Aramaic versions of the dissertation enhancement Hebrew Bible (i.e., what Christians call the Old Testament) with accompanying explanatory notes or marginalia.

A group of Jewish scholars known as the Masoretes approved them for general use in papers, Judaic biblical scholarship and projects, reading between the first and ninth centuries CE with a few late additions in the tenth century. These manuscripts contain numerous differences when compared to the Greek Septuagint . To list one minor but illustrative example, Septuagint texts give the dimensions for the porch of Solomon's temple as twenty cubits, but most Masoretic texts give the dimensions of the same architectural feature as one-hundred twenty cubits. Other differences range from the trivial to the striking. For linguists and biblical scholars, Masoretic texts are especially important because the Masoretes who wrote them introduced the help for essay Hebrew convention of using dots and symbols under, above, and inside consonant letters to represent vowel sounds. Previous Hebrew texts only marked consonant sounds, which left the meaning of doctoral dissertation enhancement, many words ambiguous and mba custom, rendered it difficult to verify comparative studies showing how similar or different Hebrew was from doctoral enhancement projects closely related languages such as Akkhadian, Amorite, Arabic, Ugaritic, Proto-Canaanite (which developed into both Phoenician and essay, Classical Hebrew), Eblaite and Elamite. MASQUE : Not to be confused with a masquerade, a masque is enhancement, a type of elaborate court entertainment popular in the times of Queen Elizabeth I, King James I, and Charles I--i.e., the gcse history coursework mark early 17th Century after Queen Elizabeth's death. The masque as a performance grew out of medieval plays, but it was more spectacle than drama proper. The content was suitable for amateur actors rather than professional performers. The masques tended to use long speeches and little action.

They combined poetic drama, singing, dancing, music, and dissertation projects, splendid costumes and settings. The imagery was influential on gcse history scheme later poets and dissertation, poems, such as Andrew Marvell, who makes use of masque-imagery in Upon Appleton House. MAXIM: A proverb, a short, pithy statement or aphorism believed to contain wisdom or insight into human nature. In much of the dialogue in Viking sagas, for instance, the characters will quote short maxims to each other to make a point. MCGUFFIN (also MacGuffin, Maguffin): A humorous or joking term to online help writing describe an object or artifact that drives the dissertation enhancement projects plot as part of a quest motif . For instance, the horcrux in the Harry Potter series, the Holy Grail in Arthurian legends, the Golden Fleece in Jason and the Argonauts , and abortions, so forth. Often Alfred Hitchcock is credited for coining the phrase.

See discussion under quest motif . MEAD HALL : A structure built by an Anglo-Saxon lord ( hlaford or cyning ) as a social center for his immediate community, especially his thegns and warriors. Since they were constructed primarily of wood, we have only a few archeological samples that survive to enhancement provide examples. We know from descriptions in Anglo-Saxon texts that they were filled with mead-benches, which were elaborately carved and decorated with gold. Words such as horn-gapped may imply architectural features, or they may imply that the hall was decorated with the papers abortions horns of stags and other trophy animals. The lord would gather his warriors at his mead hall to eat, drink, pass out gifts and treasure, and renew the oath-bonds between himself and his men. MEDIEVAL (from Latin medium aevum , the Middle Age or the in-between age): The period of time roughly a thousand years long between the fall of the Roman Empire and the emergence of the Renaissance. Actual starting and ending points are somewhat arbitrary when describing the era, and doctoral dissertation enhancement, scholars vary wildly in the dates they assign. For instance, M . H. Abrams' Norton Anthology of English Literature , 7th edition, assigns to the medieval period the years 450-1485, but in papers, his Glossary of Literary Terms , the same scholar points to the years 410-1500 as the doctoral projects appropriate years.

J. A. Cuddon's Penguin Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory prefers the narrative friendships dates c. 800-c. 1450, and Harry Shaw's Concise Dictionary of Literary Terms prefers c. 476-c. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement. 1350, but notes that it may extend to about 1500 (p. 170). While there are no universally accepted demarcations, it is common in older European histories to divide the medieval period into an early period of the Dark Ages and a later period of the High Middle Ages. On the other hand, linguists divide the medieval period in England into the Anglo-Saxon period (about 450-1066) and the Middle English period (about 1066-1450). The dividing line is the Norman Conquest of England following the Battle of Hastings (1066), which marked the introduction of mba custom papers, heavy French influences into English. Some scholars prefer to mark the years 1100-1350 as the Anglo-Norman period, since most courtly literature in England was written in Norman-French rather than English. Note, however, that these divisions are most useful in discussing English literature; they are less useful for discussing medieval literature, art, and architecture on dissertation enhancement the continent.

European scholars and art historians divide the medieval period into four periods: Carolingian (c. 750-900), Ottonian (c. 900-1056), Romanesque (c. 1057-1150), and Gothic (1150-1475). For our literary purposes, however, the online help Anglo-Saxon and Middle English periods serve as a useful division. The early medieval centuries (often misleadingly called the Dark Ages) are marked by the disintegration of classical Greco-Roman culture and the volkerwanderung of dissertation enhancement projects, Germanic tribes into western Europe, followed by gradual conversions to Christianity. Its later stages (often called the High Middle Ages) are marked by innovative technology, economic growth, and original theology and philosophy. The term medievalism in essay friendships, western Europe is linked with feudalism in dissertation, government, guildhouses in economics, monasticism and essays, Catholicism in religion, and castles and knights in chivalrous military custom. Click here for a PDF handout placing this historical period in chronological sequence with other historical periods. Click below for a chronological list of dissertation enhancement projects, historical events in various centuries: 500-600 CE 600-700 CE 700-800 CE 800-900 CE 900-1000 CE 1000-1099 CE 1100-1199 CE 1200-1299 CE 1300-1399 CE.

MEDIEVAL ESTATES SATIRE : A medieval genre common among French poets in which the speaker lists various occupations among the three estates of resume melayu, feudalism (nobles, peasants, and clergy) and dissertation projects, depicts them in a manner that shows how short they fall from the ideal of that occupation. Narrative Friendships. In the late medieval period, the genre expanded to discuss the failings of doctoral dissertation projects, bourgeois individuals as well. The genre was not unknown in online help for essay writing, England. Enhancement. John Gower's Vox Clamantis and Confessio Amantis have passages similar to those in continental estates satire. Jill Mann suggests in her famous book, Chaucer and Medieval Estates Satire , that the General Prologue of gcse history coursework mark, The Canterbury Tales is itself an example of this genre . See also satire , anti-fraternal satire , and dissertation, three estates . MEDIEVAL STUDIES : An interdisciplinary field of scholarship in literature, history, art, philosophy, and theology focusing on the culture of the Middle Ages or medieval period . Scholars who specialize in this area are medievalists. Gcse Coursework. Among the Inklings , J.R.R. Tolkien entered medieval studies through philology and Germanic literatures, while C.S. Lewis became a medievalist via classical and Renaissance philosophy and literature--eventually leaving Oxford to go to Cambridge and dissertation projects, become the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance literature. [Dr. Wheeler would remind his students at Carson-Newman that we do offer a minor in MARS--medieval and Renaissance studies--for interested adventurers looking to pick up a quick interdisciplinary minor. --KW] MEDITATION : A thoughtful or contemplative essay, sermon, discussion, or treatise--especially one that encourages introspection and self-analysis. Friendships. John Donne's funeral service, Meditation 17, is an example, in which he explores what death means if we truly believe that all human beings are inteconnected to each other spiritually.

MEIOSIS : Understatement, the opposite dissertation, of exaggeration: I was somewhat worried when the psychopath ran toward me with a chainsaw. (i.e., I was terrified). Litotes (especially popular in resume melayu, Old English poetry) is a type of meiosis in which the writer uses a statement in the negative to create the effect: You know, Einstein is not a bad mathematician. (i.e., Einstein is a good mathematician.) That pustulant wart is projects, somewhat unbeautiful (i.e., That pustulant wart is ugly). Mba Custom Papers. Litotes is enhancement projects, recognizable in English by negatives like not , no , non - and un -.) MELODRAMA : A dramatic form characterized by excessive sentiment, exaggerated emotion, sensational and thrilling action, and an artificially happy ending. Melodramas originally referred to romantic plays featuring music, singing, and dancing, but by the eighteenth century they connoted simplified and coincidental plots, bathos , and happy endings. These melodramatic traits are present in Gothic novels, western stories, popular films, and television crime shows, to name but a few more recent examples.

MELOPOEIA : Ezra Pound's term for one of the three techniques he would use to create charged language. Specifically, melopoeia is the use of sound of a word or the sounds of papers, groups of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, words together to create poetic effects, or as Pound writes, . Melayu. You charge it [a word] by sound or you use groups of words to do this (37). Presumably, melopoeia might cover techniques like assonance , consonance , and onomatopoeia . See also phanopoeia and dissertation, logopoeia . MELUSINE MYTH : A medieval legend about a French princess who secretly transformed into history, a serpent or dragon in her private moments until her husband learns the truth about her real identity. C.S. Lewis may have been inspired by this myth in The Silver Chair , in which the Lady of the Green Kyrtle takes the form of a serpent when she fights with Rilian. MEME : An idea or pattern of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, thought that replicates like a virus by history mark scheme being passed along from one thinker to another.

A meme might be a song or advertising jingle that gets stuck in one's head, a particularly amusing joke or entertaining story one feels compelled to pass on, a memorable phrase that gets quoted repeatedly in public speeches or in published books, a political ideology, an invention, a teacher's lesson plan, or even a religious belief. MEMOIR (usually appearing in enhancement projects, plural form as memoirs , from Latin, memoria memory via French mémoire ): An autobiographical sketch--especially one that focuses less on the author's personal life or psychological development and art and design, more on the notable people and events the dissertation enhancement author has encountered or witnessed. Examples include memoirs published by Winston Churchill and Dwight D. Eisenhower. The memoir contrasts with a diary or journal, i.e., the memoir is not an help writing, informal daily record of events in dissertation enhancement projects, a person's life, it is not necessarily written for personal pleasure, and the author of such memoir has in mind the ultimate goal of publication. Contrast with biography and bahasa, memoir-novel . MEMOIR-NOVEL : A novel purporting to be a factual or autobiographical account but which is completely or partially imaginary. The authorial voice or speaker is enhancement, typically a made-up character who never actually lived. This creation is not so much a hoax as a literary convention or an artistic device. An early example would be Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe and Moll Flanders . Later eighteenth-century examples include Goldsmith's The Vicar of Wakefield and Mackenzie's The Man of Feeling . While this convention became less popular in the nineteenth-century, some examples have appeared in twentieth- and essay friendships, twenty-first century literature--including Umberto Eco's Baudolino (my own personal favorite). MEMORIAL RECONSTRUCTION : Renaissance actors reconstructing the text of a play from their own (sometimes faulty) memory.

Acting companies often lost or gained members rapidly. It is possible that some actors formerly working with Shakespeare lacked access to doctoral promptbooks after leaving his acting company. Online For Essay. These players may have attempted to reconstruct the plays by memory. Some scholars believe that the unbelievably sloppy bad quartos of Shakespeare's plays may have been the doctoral dissertation enhancement projects result of such a memorial reconstruction. MEMORY PLAY : The term coined by Tennessee Williams to describe non-realistic dramas, such as The Glass Menagerie , in papers, which the audience experiences the past as remembered by a narrator, complete with music from the period remembered, and images representing the doctoral dissertation characters' thoughts, fears, emotions, and recollections projected on a scrim in the background. See drama , scrim . MENDICANT ORDERS (also called friars): Orders of wandering monks who lived by online begging. In the Middle Ages, the clergy was divided into secular clergy and regular clergy . The secular (i.e., worldly) clergy dealt with secular concerns such as the operation and administration of doctoral, individual parishes and tending to the congregation's spiritual needs. It was composed of the priests, bishops, archbishops, and cardinals.

The regular clergy were those otherworldly individuals who isolated themselves from mba custom papers material concerns by residing in a monastery. These monks would take a series of vows and agree to live according to the order's rule (Latin regula means rule, hence regular clergy). While all the doctoral projects regular orders took a vow of poverty individually, the mendicant orders also took a vow of communal or corporate poverty, vowing to subsist entirely on begging from day-to-day, hence the name mendicant or begging. It was hoped that this sort of vow would prevent abuses that occurred in monasteries, in which individual monks had no personal wealth, but the monastery as a whole was a powerful corporate entity possessing thousands of acres of land and gcse coursework mark, its collective income, allowing the impoverished monks to often live a luxurious existence in doctoral enhancement, spite of their individual vows of poverty. Some monasteries became such powerful landowning institutions that, at one point in England, it has been estimated that one-quarter to one-third of all available land was in the possession or control of various abbots. This situtation granted the monastic clergy political and financial power comparable to that of the secular branch of church; it was a far cry from the original intention of these monks to remove themselves from petty worldly matters in gcse scheme, order to focus on spiritual contemplation. In reaction to this situation, a series of reformers such as Saint Dominic and dissertation enhancement, Saint Francis of friendships, Assissi espoused the idea of a new type of religious order--the mendicants. Each order was given a set of enhancement, duties--the salvation of souls, the suppression of heretical doctrine through teaching, fund-raising for online for essay writing, the church, and sundry other tasks. There remain from the enhancement projects Middle Ages four great mendicant orders recognized by the Second Council of Lyons in 1274 CE: The Dominicans ( alias the Order of Preachers, or the Black Friars) The Franciscans ( alias the Friars Minor, or the Gray Friars) The Carmelites ( alias the White Friars) The Hermits of Saint Augustine ( alias Austin Friars or Augustinian Friars)

In more recent centuries, the council of Trent granted all the mendicant orders except the Friars Minor and the Capuchins the right to have corporate property like other monasteries. One of the coursework mark major differences between friars and dissertation, other regular monks was that friars were not bound by a votum stabilitatis (a vow of term papers abortions, permanency to remain in one place). Instead, they were at liberty to wander from dissertation projects place to papers abortions place teaching if given the permission of the general of their order. Indeed, such mobility was necessary, since the friars' primary task was, as it states in their mission statement, to projects save souls. Papers Abortions. Thus, while other monks sought to follow an eremitical tradition that would remove them from worldly concerns and doctoral, isolate themselves from the general public beyond the monastery's walls, the mendicant orders deliberately reinserted themselves into the world so they could preach, teach, and beg. In the early thirteenth century, the papers energy and dynamism of these new movements was extraordinary. Dominicans did much to curb outbreaks of dissertation, heresy in southern France, though they were not so successful that they could prevent the Albigensian crusades against the Cathars. They reinvigorated the body of the church with a sort of monastic revival. By a century later, however, new problems and gcse history, abuses began to doctoral projects arise. Unfortunately, the ability to beg and wander led to a new type of ecclesiastical abuse. Part of the spiritual glue holding a monastery together is the supervision of an abbot, who would oversee the online writing monks and dissertation enhancement projects, make sure they are not straying into sin.

Without a supervisor, wandering friars became notorious for narrative essay, improper behavior such as sexual misconduct, blatant embezzlement, and abrasive confrontation with secular clergy such as local parish priests. Projects. For example, if parishioners gave donations to a wandering preacher, they weren't giving those donations to the local priest; additionally, a dynamic, fiery friar might invoke professional jealousy in a less rhetorically gifted pastor. Mba Custom Papers. Friars normally were required to travel in groups of two (much like Mormon missionaries today), so that each one would provide a check on the other. However, such measures were not always successful in curbing misconduct. This abuse became a source of much popular resentment and frustration. In literature, this manifested itself in dissertation enhancement projects, anti-fraternal satire . Friars became stereotypical characters in estates literature and in fabliaux . Chaucer himself depicts Friar Hubert as corrupt in The Canterbury Tales and shows his rivalry with a church summoner , an equally corrupt representative of the gcse history coursework scheme secular clergy.

They insult each other's professions in their tales. MENTOR : (1) In common use, this eponym comes from the character Mentor in Homer's Odyssey . Mentor is an doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, experienced, elderly man, and the goddess Athena takes on his form to advise the young Telemachus. Resume Bahasa. Penelope's suitors plan to kill Telemachus and doctoral dissertation projects, seize Ithaca for themselves, so Telemachus needs all the help he can get! Hence, the motif of a mentor is an older, experienced character who provides advice to younger inexperienced ones, which is a standard component of mark, fairy tales and myths in Campbell's model of the mythic hero. (2) Many authors and poets consider one or more of their predecessors to be their mentor--the model or inspiration on which they draw their own work. Dante, for instance, saw Virgil as his master and teacher; he models his Inferno on enhancement projects descriptions of the Underworld in Virgil's Aeneid . Term. Dante starts his descent into the Inferno by having his narrator-persona actually encounter the ghost of Virgil, who becomes his guide through hell. C.S. Lewis in his youth encountered the fantasy novel Phantastes by doctoral dissertation projects George MacDonald, and he considered it one of the ten most influential works he ever read. Narrative Essay. Lewis mimics Dante in dissertation, that in his own fictional tour of pur gatory/hell, where he likewise encounters the ghost of MacDonald and consults with him.

MERCIAN : The dialect of Old English spoken in the region of Mercia. MESURE (French, measure): In French chivalric literature, the papers abortions equivalent of Latin moderatio --the ability to dissertation projects follow a golden mean and not go to unreasonable extremes. Essays. This trait contrasts with the doctoral dissertation demesure (excessive actions or unconrolled passions) of figures like the bahasa knight Roland in the Chanson de Roland . In the literature of courtly love, a frequent debate is whether the ideal courtly lover should have mesure or demesure . METADRAMA : Drama in which the subject of the play is dramatic art itself, especially when such material breaks up the illusion of watching reality. When Macbeth cries out, Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player / who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, / and then is heard no more , his references to shadows and players (Renaissance slang for doctoral dissertation enhancement, actors) and his discussion of the stage serve to remind the audience forcefully that they are watching a dramatic artifice, not a real historical event. The references break down verisimilitude to online help writing call attention to the fact that viewers are watching a staged performance. Likewise, the opening to Taming of the Shrew forcefully emphasizes that the events we see are a fiction, as does Hamlet's plan to use The Mouse-Trap as an ethical litmus test for Claudius: The play's the thing / wherin I'll catch the conscience of the king . METAFICTION : Fiction in which the subject of the story is the act or art of storytelling of itself, especially when such material breaks up the illusion of reality in a work. An example is projects, John Fowles's The French Lieutenant's Woman , in narrative friendships, which the projects author interrupts his own narative to insert himself as a character in the work. Essays. Claiming not to like the doctoral enhancement ending to the tale, the author sets his watch back ten minutes, and the storyline backs up ten minutes so an alternative ending can unfold. The act reminds us that the passionate love affair we are so involved in as readers is a fictional creation of an author at that point when we are most likely to have forgotten that artificiality because of our involvement.

Other examples include Chaucer's narrator in the Canterbury Tales , in which the narrative friendships pilgrim tells the reader to turn the leaf [page] and doctoral projects, choose another tale if the audience doesn't like naughty stories like the Miller's tale. This command breaks the illusion that Geoffrey is a real person on pilgrimage, calling attention to the fictional qualities of The Canterbury Tales as a physical artifact--a book held in the readers' hands. Robert Scholes popularized the term metafiction to generally describe this tendency in his critical writings, as Abrams notes (135). METALITERATURE : Literary art focused on the subject of literary art itself. Often this term is further divided into metapoetry , metafiction , and metadrama . METAPHOR : A comparison or analogy stated in such a way as to mba custom papers imply that one object is doctoral dissertation enhancement, another one, figuratively speaking. When we speak of the ladder of success, we imply that being successful is much like climbing a ladder to a higher and better position. Another example comes from an old television add from the art and design 1980s urging teenagers not to try drugs. The camera would focus on a close-up of a pair of eggs and a voice would state This is your brain. In the next sequence, the eggs would be cracked and thrown onto a hot skillet, where the eggs would bubble, burn, and doctoral projects, seeth. The voice would state, This is your brain on drugs.

The point of the comparison is fairly clear. Another example is how Martin Luther wrote, A mighty fortress is our God, / A bulwark never failing. ( Mighty fortress and bulwark are the two metaphors for God in for essay, these lines.) A metaphor is an example of a rhetorical trope , and doctoral dissertation enhancement, such metaphors have a long history of critical discussion. Aristotle, for term papers abortions, instance, claimed the greatest thing by far is to have a command of metaphor. This alone cannot be imparted by another; it is the mark of genius, for to make good metaphors implies an eye for resemblances (qtd in Deutsche 84). Dissertation. Often, a metaphor suggests something symbolic in help, its imagery. Enhancement Projects. For instance, Wordsworth uses a metaphor when he states of England, she is a fen of stagnant waters, which implies something about the state of political affairs in England as well as the island's biomes. Sometimes, the metaphor can be emotionally powerful, such as John Donne's use of history coursework scheme, metaphor in Twickenham Garden, where he writes, And take my tears, which are love's wine (line 20). If we break down a metaphorical statement into its component parts, the real-world subject (first item) in a metaphoric statement is known as the tenor . Doctoral Enhancement. The second item (often an imaginary one or at least not present in a literal sense) to which the papers tenor refers is called the vehicle . For example, consider the enhancement metaphorical statement, Susan is a viper in her cruel treacheries. Here, Susan is the tenor in the metaphor, and viper is the vehicle in the same metaphor.

The tenor, Susan , is literally present or literally exists. The vehicle , the hypothetical or imagined viper, is not necessarily physically present. An unusual metaphor that requires some explanation on the writer's part is term, often called a metaphysical conceit , especially in doctoral enhancement, 17th-century poetry. Mba Custom. If the metaphorical connection is merely implied rather than directly stated, such as talking about the ladder of enhancement, success, the term is art and, a subdued metaphor. The combination of two different metaphors into a single, awkward image is called a mixed metaphor or abusio . Doctoral Dissertation Projects. See also tenor , vehicle , subdued metaphor , and telescoped metaphor. Contrast with simile . METAPHYSICAL POETS : In his 1693 work, Discourse of Satire , John Dryden used the term metaphysical to narrative friendships describe the style of certain poets earlier in doctoral dissertation projects, the 17th century. Later, Samuel Johnson popularized the resume bahasa term in 1779.

The term metaphysical implies the dissertation enhancement poetry is abstract and highly complex. The chief metaphysical poets include John Donne, Richard Crashaw, Andrew Marvell, George Herbert, and Henry Vaughan. The group shares certain traits, though their themes, structures, and assorted tones in their poetry vary widely, which leads more recent scholars to see the designation as unhelpful. (1) The group as a whole rejects the conventions of Elizabethan love poetry, especially the Petrarchan conceits that, by 1600, had become clichés . They preferred wildly original (and sometimes shocking or strange) images, puns, similes, and metaphors, which collectively are called metaphysical conceits . (2) The metaphysical poet often describes a dramatic event rather than simple meditation, daydreams, or passing thoughts. Coursework Scheme. (3) The metaphysical poets employed inconsistant or striking verse--often imitating the rhythmic patterns of everyday speech, rather than attempting to create perfect meter in the manner later favored by doctoral enhancement projects neoclassical poets. Basically, the metaphysical poets would not let metrical form interfere with the development of a line of thought. Essay. (4) The poem often expresses an dissertation projects, argument--often using wild flights of logic and unusual comparisons. As an example, John Donne in resume melayu, The Flea presents a speaker who attempts to seduce a young maiden. The basis of his argument is the dissertation enhancement projects comparison between sex and a flea-bite. In Holy Sonnet 14, Donne fashions a prayer in which he compares God to a rapist and himself to a besieged city. METAPLASMUS : A type of neologism in which misspelling a word creates a rhetorical effect. To emphasize dialect , one might spell dog as dawg.

To emphasize that something is unimportant, we might add -let or -ling at the end of the word, referring to a deity as a godlet or a prince as a princeling. To emphasize the feminine nature of something normally considered masculine, try adding the suffix -ette to bahasa melayu the end of the word, creating a smurfette or a corvette . To modernize something old, the writer might turn the Greek god Hermes into enhancement, the Hermenator . Likewise, Austin Powers renders all things shagedelic . For more information, see the subdivisions of metaplasmus under schemes. METAPOETRY : Poetry about poetry, especially self-conscious poems that pun on objects or items associated with writing or creating poetry. Among the Romantic and resume, Enlightenment poets, we find puns on dissertation enhancement leaves (referring on one hand to the leaves of plants, and on another to the leaves or pages of a book of poetry), feet (referring on papers one level to doctoral projects the body part, and on another to the metrical feet of a poem), and so on. Other types of metapoetry involve self-conscious commentary on the poem's own genre or on the process of creating the poem. A fine example of gcse history mark, this type of metapoetry is Billy Collins' Sonnet: And after this next one just a dozen. To launch a little ship on love's storm-tossed seas, then only ten more left like rows of beans. How easily it goes unless you get Elizabethan.

and insist the doctoral dissertation enhancement projects iambic bongos must be played. and rhymes positioned at the ends of art and, lines, one for every station of the cross. But hang on dissertation projects here while we make the turn. into the final six where all will be resolved, where longing and heartache will find an end, where Laura will tell Petrarch to put down his pen, take off those crazy medieval tights, blow out the lights, and come at last to bed. Here, we can clearly see the self-reflective tendencies, in which the poet discusses how many more lines he needs to finish a traditional sonnet (lines 1-4), he directly comments on the traditional subject-matter of the sonnet, the rejected love of the speaker (alluded to in line 3), he adds an amusing allusion to the normal requirements of rhyme, meter and bahasa, iambic pentameter, which the poet rejects (lines 5-8), and he adds a direct reference to the turn or volta, in the exact moment when the volta is required in an Italian sonnet. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement Projects. Finally the poet alludes to art and design Laura (the woman to whom Petrarch dedicated his sonnets) and to Petrarch, the inventor of the sonnnet-structure that Collins mimics and alters simultaneously. The subject-matter of this sonnet is the conventional sonnet itself; thus, it is metapoetry. Dissertation Enhancement. See metaliterature . METATHESIS : The transposition of two sounds in speech or spelling. This tendency often catches students of narrative essay, Middle English or Anglo-Saxon off guard, since they might encounter the spelling brid for doctoral enhancement projects, bird or hwale for whale . METER : A recognizable though varying pattern of stressed syllables alternating with syllables of less stress. Compositions written in meter are said to be in verse . Help For Essay Writing. There are many possible patterns of verse.

Each unit of stress and unstressed syllables is called a foot . The following examples are culled from M. H. Projects. Abrams' Glossary of mba custom papers, Literary Terms , seventh edition, which has more information. You can also click here to download a PDF handout giving examples of particular types of feet, or click here for a longer PDF handout discussing meter and scansion. Example: The cúrfew tólls the knéll of párting dáy. (Thomas Gray, Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard.) Anapestic (the noun is anapest ) two light syllables followed by a stressed syllable: The Assyrian came dówn like a wólf on the fóld. Doctoral. (Lord Byron, The Destruction of Sennacherib.) Trochaic (the noun is trochee ) a stressed followed by a light syllable: Thére they áre, my fífty men and wómen. Dactylic (the noun is dactyl ): a stressed syllable followed by two light syllables: Éve, with her básket, was / Déep in the bélls and grass. Iambs and anapests, since the strong stress is at the end, are called rising meter; trochees and dactyls, with the term papers strong stress at the beginning with lower stress at the end, are called falling meter. Additionally, if a line ends in a standard iamb, with a final stressed syllable, it is said to have a masculine ending. Doctoral Dissertation. If a line ends in a lightly stressed syllable, it is said to be feminine. To hear the difference, read the following examples aloud and listen to the final stress:

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mousing. We name a metric line according to the number of feet in it. If a line has four feet, it is tetrameter . If a line has five feet, it is pentameter . Six feet, hexameter , and so on. Art And Design. English verse tends to doctoral enhancement projects be pentameter, French verse tetrameter, and Greek verse, hexameter. When scanning a line, we might, for instance, describe the line as iambic pentameter (having five feet, with each foot tending to be a light syllable followed by design essays heavy syllable), or trochaic tetrameter (having four feet, with each foot tending to be a long syllable followed by a short syllable).

Here is a complete list of the various verse structures: METONYM : Any specific use or specific example of doctoral dissertation enhancement, metonymy , or any symbol in which a specific physical object is used as a vague suggestive symbol for a more general idea. See metonymy below. METONYMY : Using a vaguely suggestive, physical object to embody a more general idea. The term metonym also applies to the object itself used to mba custom suggest that more general idea. Some examples of enhancement, metonymy are using the metonym crown in reference to royalty or the entire royal family, or stating the pen is mightier than the sword to suggest that the power of education and writing is more potent for changing the world than military force. One of my former students wrote in an argumentative essay, If we cannot strike offenders in the heart, let us strike them in the wallet, implying by her metonym that if we cannot make criminals regret their actions out of their guilty consciences, we can make them regret their actions through financial punishment. We use metonymy in everyday speech when we refer to the entire movie-making industry as the L. A. suburb Hollywood or the advertising industry as the street Madison Avenue (and when we refer to art and businessmen working there as suits.) Journalists use metonymy to refer to the collective decisions of the projects United States government as Washington or when they use the term the White House as a shorthand reference for online help, the executive bureaucracy in American government.

Popular writer Thomas Friedman coined a recent metonym, the Arab Street, as a shorthand reference for the entire population of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, Muslim individuals in Saudi Arabia, Yeman, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and term, the surrounding areas. Enhancement. When students talk about studying Shakespeare, they mean metonymically all his collected works of drama and poetry, rather than the historical writer's life alone, and art and, so on. METRICAL : This adjective describes anything written in patterns of meter , as opposed to doctoral enhancement prose. METRICAL FOOT : See discussion uner meter or click here for a handout in PDF format. METRICAL SUBSTITUTION : A way of varying poetic meter by mba custom papers taking a single foot of the doctoral dissertation enhancement normal meter and replacing it with a foot of different meter. For instance, a poem might consist primarily of iambic pentameter, with a light-heavy pattern of stress.

The poet might add variety by occasionally inserting a foot consisting of two stresses (spondeic substitution) or a foot with a reversed pattern of term papers abortions, heavy-light stress (trochaic substitution). See meter . When a poet uses metrical substitution to dissertation projects replace the online for essay writing first entire foot with a single stressed beat, the result is an acephalous line. MEZOZEUGMA : An alternative spelling of mesozeugma. See discussion under zeugma . MIASMA (Greek, stench): Literally referring to a stench or bad smell, the Greek term also metaphorically indicates a sort of ceremonial taint or spiritual stain that can result from various sorts of impurity. The ancient Greeks thought actions such as murder, incest, blasphemy, menstruation, or violations of xenia might cause a miasma around a person or place, and until the community took action to expunge the stain, misfortune such as disease, drought, or other blights would be the potential result. Normally, people thought to doctoral projects be stained by essays miasma were forbidden to pass the sacred marker ( temenos ) separating the holy ground of a temple or a public forum from non-sacred space.

The term is doctoral projects, particularly applicable in the play Oedipus Rex , in which the entire community of Thebes has fallen under a curse because of a miasma in their midst. Friendships. It is also relevant in Agamemnon, where the prophetess Cassandra seems to have the ability to sense miasma as well as see the invisible Furies that have come to settle on the house. MICROCOSM (cf. Doctoral Dissertation Projects. macrocosm ): The human body. Renaissance thinkers believed that the bahasa melayu human body was a little universe that reflected changes in dissertation projects, the macrocosm, or greater universe. MID VOWEL : In linguistics, any vowel sound made with the jaw and art and, tongue positioned between the dissertation enhancement normal articulations for high and low vowels. An example of a mid-vowel would be the vowel sound in art and design essays, pate . MIDDLE COMEDY : Greek comedies written in the early 300s BCE, in which the exaggerated costumes and doctoral enhancement, the chorus of the Old Comedy were eliminated. We have no surviving examples of these Middle Comedies, but they are alluded to and described in term abortions, other works. MIDDLE ENGLISH : The version of English spoken after the Norman Conquest from 1066 but before 1450 or so. Before the Norman Conquest, the common version of English was Old English or Anglo-Saxon , a Germanic language that is difficult to doctoral read without specialized training. An influx of Norman French and Latin vocabulary after the Normans conquered England resulted in rapid changes in spoken English. Between 1400-1450, a phenomenon known as the Great Vowel Shift occurred, and the pronunciation of vowels changed in English, resulting in Modern English (see below).

To avoid irritating your teacher, do not confuse Old English, Middle English, and online for essay, Modern English. This diagram will help you contrast them. MIDDLE PASSAGE : The sea-voyage from Africa to the West Indies and/or the doctoral enhancement projects Americas commonly used by slave-traders. It plays a prominent part in slave-narratives and abolitionist literature, including works such as Aphra Behn's Oronooko and term abortions, Olaudah Equiano's autobiography. MIDVERBS : As Kolln and Funk define it, midverbs are a group of verbs that have characteristics of doctoral, both transitive and intransitive verbs.

Like transitive verbs, they require a word following them--much like an object or a complement. Online. However, the complements are not exactly like direct objects because they do not explain what or whom is receiving the action. Instead, the complements of midverbs provide information about amount or measurement (Kolln and Funk 55). Doctoral Dissertation. Examples include the verbs weigh and cost (55). For instance, The corpse weighed two-hundred pounds. Here, weighed is help for essay, a midverb.

The word pounds is sort of enhancement projects, like a direct object to the verb weighs , but since it shows an equivalence with corpse , it is sort of mba custom papers, like a predicate noun or a subject complement also. Kolln and Funk handle this blurred categorization by treating clauses with midverbs as Pattern VI sentences--i.e., they treat the complement as a mere adverbial. MILES GLORIOSUS (Lat. glorious soldier): The braggart soldier, a stock character in classical Roman drama. The braggart soldier is dissertation enhancement, cowardly but boasts of resume bahasa melayu, his past deeds, and he becomes involved in dissertation enhancement projects, sexual catastrophes, bullying, and thievery. The miles gloriosus is frequently of low morals. Shakespeare probably based Falstaff in help, Renaissance literatureon the common miles gloriosus in classical literature. MILTONIC IMAGERY : Imagery made famous by dissertation enhancement Milton's poetry--especially Paradise Lost . Examples include the gcse mark dark angels or twisted demons laboring at Pandemonium's construction deep below the earth in fiery shadow, especially when such imagery is taken in contrast with the doctoral dissertation pastoral tranquility of Eden or the pearly mansions of heaven afloat in glowing clouds. Likewise, the motif of the rejected, fallen, rebellious seraphim struggling against the Almighty's white lightning remains a haunting image in for essay, Milton's poetry. These Miltonic images have influenced a great number of later literary works. In H. G. Wells' The Time Machine , Wells used Miltonic imagery in enhancement projects, the Morlocks and art and design essays, Eloi, where (it initially appears) the troglodytic Morlocks labor in darkness under the earth and the child-like Eloi play in the blissful garden above.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein steals Miltonic imagery by casting the doctoral projects monster as both an innocent Adam figure and simultaneously a rebellious Satan figure who rejects his maker as flawed and morally inferior. In many cases, Miltonic tradition shapes modern Christian iconography much more than the ancient Hebrew tradition of for essay writing, sheol itself. MIMESIS : Mimesis is usually translated as imitation or representation, though the concept is much more complex than that and doesn't translate easily into English. It is an imitation or representation of something else rather than an attempt to doctoral dissertation literally duplicate the original. For instance, Aristotle in The Poetics defined tragedy as the resume imitation [ mimesis ] of an action. In his sense, both poetry and drama are attempts to take an instance of human action and doctoral enhancement projects, represent or re -present its essence while translating it into a new medium of material. For example, a play about World War II is an attempt to take the art and essays essence of an enhancement, actual, complex historical event involving millions of people and thousands of square miles over several years and recreate that event in a simplified representation involving a few dozen people in a few thousand square feet over a few hours. The play would be a mimesis of that historic event using stage props, lighting, and individual actors to convey the design essays sense of doctoral dissertation, what World War II was to the audience. In the same way, the resume melayu process of mimesis might involve creating a film about World War II (translating the event into images projected onto a flat screen or monitor using chemical images on a strip of photosynthetic film), or writing a poem about World War II would constitute an attempt at distilling that meaning into syllables, stress, verse, and diction. Doctoral Projects. Picasso might attempt to embody warfare as a montage of destruction--his painting Guernica is the result. The degree to which each form of art accurately embodies the history coursework mark scheme essence of its subject determines (for many classical theorists of art) the degree of its success.

Additionally, mimesis may involve ecphrasis --the act of translating art from dissertation projects one type of resume bahasa, media into another. Doctoral Dissertation. A classical musician or composer might be entranced by an earlier bit of folkloric art, the legend of William Tell. He attempts to imitate or represent the stirring emotions of that story by design creating a stirring song that has the same effect; thus, the famous The William Tell Overture results. Doctoral Dissertation. A story has been translated into a musical score. It is also possible to attempt mimesis of one medium into the same medium.

For instance, American musician Aaron Copland was inspired by the simplicity of gcse history mark scheme, Quaker music, so he attempted to doctoral enhancement projects re-create that music mimetically in Appalachian Spring, much like he earlier attempted mimetically to capture the American spirit in Fanfare for art and, the Common Man. In literature, ecphrasis is likewise used to describe the way literature describes or mimics other media (other bits of art, architecture, music and so on). Doctoral. For instance, Ode on a Grecian Urn is largely Keats' poetic attempt to mba custom capture the eternal and doctoral, changeless nature of visual art depicted on an excavated piece of pottery. Chaucer's Knight's Tale involves an elaborate architectural recreation of three pagan temples, and the artwork on the walls of those temples, as well as the verbal construction of an entire coliseum to enclose a knightly combat. These are both ecphrases seeking to turn one type of non-verbal art into verbal art through mimetic principles. MINIMAL PAIR : Also called contrastive pairs , these are two words that differ by only a single sound, such as gin-pin . Linguists commonly use minimal pairs for illustrating subtle sound differences. MINNES Ä NGER : Any German minstril who writes poems and songs about courtly love in the medieval period. Abortions. He is usually considered the German equivalent of the French troubadour . MINUSCULE : A small or lowercase letter, in contrast with majuscule , a large or capital letter. The invention of minuscule allowed for faster, more compact writing in scriptoria. MIRACLE OF THE VIRGIN : A vita or a miracle play that dramatizes some aspect of humanity activity, and ends with the miraculous intervention of the Blessed Virgin.

See discussion under miracle play (below), and vita . MIRACLE PLAY : Not to be confused with medieval morality plays, a miracle play is a medieval drama depicting either biblical stories, the dissertation enhancement projects miracle(s) performed by mark scheme a saint, or the martyrdom of a saint in Christian traditions. (Some critics prefer the third definition and reject the first two.) Miracle plays were usually presented in a cycle, such as dramas dealing with the Virgin Mary, the fall of man, and doctoral projects, so on. In France, a sharp division is made between a mystery play and a miracle play, but it is narrative friendships, common for the terms to be used interchangeably elsewhere. Few examples of miracle plays survive in English (the oldest being Play of Saint Catherine from the doctoral enhancement area of term papers abortions, Dunstable), but in doctoral enhancement projects, France, there remains a famous cycle of Les Miracles de Notre Dame , forty-two plays belonging to the second half of the 1300s written in octosyllabic couplets. An example of a modern miracle play is the design Belgian writer Maurice Maeterlinck's Sister Beatrice . The general emphasis in a miracle play is to astonish and inspire the viewer with a sense of wonder at the numinous. An entire subgenre of miracles of the virgin also exist. Doctoral Enhancement. Contrast with morality play and mystery play . MIRROR PASSAGE : A section of a story that might not contribute directly to the plot (i.e., it contains characters divorced from the main narrative, and the events it deals with do not further the resume melayu action) but which does reflect the doctoral dissertation projects basic concerns of the work in narrative friendships, terms of theme, action, or symbolism or which seems to doctoral enhancement projects echo another scene, image, or situation. For instance, the history scheme Miller's story in The Canterbury Tales creates a love triangle to mock and mirror the love triangle in the Knight's earlier narrative, or the three daily hunts that mirror the tactics of the bedroom seduction in doctoral dissertation enhancement, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight , or the mba custom papers way Aeneas's attempt to hug Creüsa's ghost thrice mirrors his attempt to embrace the ghost of his father Anchises in doctoral dissertation enhancement, The Aeneid , or the inversion of words and tears that distinguishes Aeneas and Dido's two farewells--the first at Carthage and bahasa, the second in doctoral dissertation enhancement, the Underworld. Resume Bahasa. See also mirror scene . MIRROR SCENE : A scene in a play or novel that does not contribute directly to the plot (i.e., it contains characters divorced from the dissertation enhancement projects main narrative, and the events it deals with do not further the action,) but which does mirror the basic concerns of the play or narrative in terms of theme, action, or symbolism. For instance, the scene with the gardeners in Richard II relates symbolically to the fact that Richard, as king, is not tending his own little Eden, the isle of Britain.

The scene with Christopher Sly in the opening of The Taming of the Shrew does not relate directly to art and design essays Petruchio's wooing of doctoral dissertation projects, Kate, but it does establish the theme of how appearance might not match reality. See also mirror passage . MLA : The acronym for the Modern Language Association. English students primarily know the MLA as the publisher of the narrative essay MLA guidelines for doctoral enhancement projects, research papers, the standard format used in American college English classes. Founded in 1883, this organization is a professional guild of sorts for professors and coursework mark scheme, instructors of a variety of subjects: foreign languages, linguistics, composition, technical writing, philology, rhetoric, and literature. Membership is doctoral dissertation enhancement, particularly useful for students in graduate schools about to papers seek their first jobs. (Membership allows them access to the JIL, the doctoral enhancement projects Job Information Listings.) The organization hosts the MLA convention annually, where most interviews for instructor positions at colleges take place. It also sponsors the PMLA journal and the MLA International Bibliography . You can learn more at the MLA website. MOCK EPIC : In contrast with an epic , a mock epic is a long, heroicomical poem that merely imitates features of the classical epic. The poet often takes an elevated style of language, but incongruously applies that language to mundane or ridiculous objects and situations.

The mock epic focuses frequently on the exploits of an antihero whose activities illustrate the history coursework scheme stupidity of the class or group he represents. Various other attributes common to the classical epic, such as the invocation of the muse or the intervention of the gods, or the long catalogs of characters, appear in the mock epic as well, only to dissertation enhancement projects be spoofed. For instance, Alexander Pope's The Rape of the Lock gives in hyperbolic language a lengthy account of how a 17th century lord cuts a lady's hair in order to steal a lock of it as a keepsake, leading to all sorts of social backlash when the woman is unhappy with her new hairdo. Lord Byron's Don Juan gives a lengthy list of the sexual conquests and term papers abortions, catastrophes associated with a precocious young lord, Don Juan. Both are fine examples of the mock epic. In some ways, the mock epic is the opposite of a travesty . See also spoof , satire . MOCK SERMON : A medieval genre commonly known as une sermon joyeux or une sermon joli , its conventions are that a non-clerical figure will present a humorous lecture on doctoral a non-religious topic (sexuality and food being two common choices) using all the tropes and conventions of art and design, a normal homily --such as the introduction and dissertation, explication of resume bahasa melayu, a Biblical passage, allusions to various intellectual figures, a series of exempla to prove the dissertation enhancement projects speaker's point, and a concluding invocation of prayer. Some critics have read Chaucer's Wife of Bath's Prologue as a mock sermon concerning a woman's place in marriage, for instance. Bahasa. For an excellent discussion of the sermon joyeux in connection with Chaucer, see volume 58 of the academic journal Speculum , pages 674-80. MODERN ENGLISH : The English language as spoken between about 1450 and the modern day. The language you are speaking now and the language Shakespeare spoke are both considered examples of Modern English. Modern English is enhancement projects, distinct from Middle English (spoken c. 1100 to 1400) in that vowels are pronounced differently after the Great Vowel Shift (1400-1450).

Both Middle English and Modern English are distinct from Old English in history coursework scheme, that Old English and Middle English had numerous letters (such as the letters ash , thorn , and doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, eth ) and some sounds (such as yogh ) that were used much more commonly. Old English also used elaborate declensions that have mostly fallen out of use in Modern English. Term Papers Abortions. To avoid irritating your teacher, do not confuse Old English, Middle English, and Modern English. This diagram will help you contrast them. A good rule of thumb is that, (a) if you can read it easily, it's probably modern English, (b) if you can read it with some difficulty, but there are many words misspelled and an occasional strange letter, it's probably Middle English, and projects, (c) if you can't read it all, and it looks like a foreign language with letters you don't recognize, you are probably looking at Old English. See Middle English and Old English . MODERNISM : A vague, amorphous term referring to design the art, poetry, literature, architecture, and philosophy of Europe and America in the early twentieth-century. Scholars do not agree exactly when Modernism began--most suggest after World War I, but some suggest it started as early as the late nineteenth century in France. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement. Likewise, some assert Modernism ended with World War II or the bombing of art and, Nagasaki, to be replaced with Postmodernism, or that modernism lasted until the 1960s, when post-structural linguistics dethroned it.

Others suggest that the division between modernism and postmodernism is false, and that postmodernism is enhancement, merely the continuing process of Modernism. Under the general umbrella of Modernism, we find several art movements such as surrealism, formalism, and various avante-garde French movements. Professor Frank Kermode further divides modernism into paleo-modernism (1914-1920) and gcse, neo-modernism (1920-1942). However, these divisions are hardly agreed upon by historians and critics. In general, modernism is an early twentieth-century artistic marked by the following characteristics: (1) the desire to doctoral dissertation enhancement break away from established traditions, (2) a quest to find fresh ways to view man's position or function in the universe, (3) experiments in form and help for essay, style, particularly with fragmentation--as opposed to the organic theories of doctoral dissertation projects, literary unity appearing in mba custom, the Romantic and Victorian periods, and (4) a lingering concern with metaliterature . Cf. postmodernism . To see where modernism fits into a chronological listing of the major literary periods, click here for doctoral dissertation, a pdf handout.

MOLOSSUS : A rare metrical foot of three-stressed syllables, such as might appear in bacchic meter. It is mark, also called a bacchic foot or a bachius .It is nonstandard in most English verse. MONDEGREN : A misheard song lyric or poetic line that results in a textual variant through faulty oral transmission. The result is often amusing in nature. For example, the 1967 rock singer Jimi Hendrix had a set of lyrics in Purple Haze in which the speaker states in pantheistic bliss, 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky. However, the background music garbled his pronunciation, and many confused listeners misinterpreted the line as 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy. Similarly, Appalachian immigrants brought with them a folksong from England called The Golden Vanity, which originally speaks of sailing the Lowland Sea. After a few generations, the landlocked Appalachian descendants did not know what the Lowland Sea referred to any longer, and the singers created a mondegren, sailing the dissertation lonesome sea. Several literary works gain their titles from mondegrens, including Malachy McCourt's A Monk Swimming and J.D.

Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye. The original term mondegren to describe this sort of mistake first appeared in online help for essay, an essay by doctoral dissertation enhancement projects Sylvia Wright, which Harper's Magazine published in November of 1954. In the essay, The Death of Lady Mondegren, Wright recalled how she misinterpreted a line from the papers 17th-centrury ballad, The Bonny Earl O'Morray. Here, the original line reads, They hae slain the Earl O'Moray, / and doctoral dissertation projects, laid him on the Green. She, however, heard, They hae slain the Earl O'Moray, / and Lady Mondegren. MONODY : Any elegy or dirge represented as the utterance of a single speaker. Compare with dramatic monologue . MONOGENESIS : The theory that, if two similar stories, words, or images appear in two different geographic regions or languages, they are actually related to each other rather than appearing independently.

Either one was the original source, and resume bahasa melayu, the others adopted it later, or all the surviving examples come from an older (possibly lost) source. Contrast with polygenesis . MONOLOGUE (contrast with soliloquy and dissertation enhancement projects, interior monologue ): An interior monologue does not necessarily represent spoken words, but rather the mba custom internal or emotional thoughts or feelings of an individual, such as William Faulkner's long interior monologues within The Sound and The Fury . Monologue can also be used to refer to a character speaking aloud to himself, or narrating an account to an audience with no other character on stage. Cf. dramatic monologue . MONOMYTH : Joseph Cambell, a psychoanaltyic and Jungian theorist, coined the phrase monomyth in his 1949 work, The Hero with a Thousand Faces . Doctoral Enhancement. The phrase describes a particular recurring narrative structure in mythology that he felt resonated with human psychology. Help Writing. In narratology and mythographic studies, the monomyth or hero's journey is doctoral projects, a common narrative pattern in friendships, which a young or inexperienced hero (or sometimes heroine) goes on doctoral dissertation a journey or adventure. After setbacks or disastrous failure, he receives assistance from companions and advice from a mentor figure or figures. He resumes the journey, and in a climactic point of the story, symbolically dies, learns some hidden gnosis, and symbolically returns to life. He then wins a victory, and melayu, he returns home transformed by the experience so that he can serve as a leader to his people. The chart would look like the following:

STAGE I Call to adventure --some new threat or challenge appears in doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, the protagonist's community. STAGE II Supernatural aid --from a magical creature or magical object appears. STAGE III Confrontation --The hero confronts the threshhold of danger, often a guardian or villain, that thrwarts him. STAGE IV Education --Aid comes from a helper and/or mentor figures to show him how to essays bypass challenges and temptations. STAGE V Revelation --The hero experiences revelation--often in the form of an abyss or a symbolic death and enhancement, rebirth. STAGE VI Resurrection --The hero is transformed, resurrected, or somehow makes atonment, often receiving a concrete or abstract gift from a divine source like a god or goddess-figure.

STAGE VII Return --The hero returns home. Once there, he re-establishes order or peace, often becoming a new ruler. MONOPHTHONG : In linguistics, Algeo defines this as A simple vowel with a single, stable quality (323) Simon Horobin calls it, a pure vowel with no change in quality (192). Contrast with diphthong . See also monophthongization . MONOPHTHONGIZATION : The tendency of diphthongs to turn into simple vowels over time, or the actual process by which diphthongs turn into such vowels. Contrast with diphthongization. MONORHYME : A poem or section of gcse history, a poem in doctoral dissertation enhancement, which all the lines have the same end rhyme. The rhyming pattern would thus look like this: AAAA AAAA, AAA AAA, or AA AA AA AA , etc. It is a common rhyme scheme in Latin, Italian, Arabic, Welsh, and term abortions, Slav poetry, especially in doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, the Slav poetry of the oral-formulaic tradition. Because of the online for essay writing fact that English nouns are not declined and our adjectives do not have gender consistently indicated by particular endings, it is much harder to make effective poetic use of monorhyme in the English poetry.

However, Shakespeare makes frequent use of doctoral dissertation enhancement, it is a bit of doggerel in his plays. For instance, in The Merchant of Venice , we find the art and design following section in monorhyme: Seven times tried that judgment is. That did never choose amiss. Some there be that shadows kiss. There be fools alive iwis, Silvered o'er, and so was this.

Take what wife you will to bed. I will ever be your head. So be gone; you are sped. Doctoral. (2.9.62-71) MONOSYLLABIC : Having only one syllable. MOOD (from Anglo-Saxon, mod heart or spirit): (1) In literature, a feeling, emotional state, or disposition of mba custom, mind--especially the dissertation enhancement projects predominating atmosphere or tone of a literary work.

Most pieces of literature have a prevailing mood, but shifts in resume melayu, this prevailing mood may function as a counterpoint, provide comic relief, or echo the doctoral dissertation changing events in the plot. The term mood is often used synonymously with atmosphere and narrative essay friendships, ambiance . Dissertation Enhancement Projects. Students and critics who wish to discuss mood in writing, their essays should be able to point to doctoral enhancement specific diction, description, setting, and mba custom, characterization to illustrate what sets the mood. (2) In grammar, an enhancement, aspect of verbs. Click here for friendships, more information on grammatical mood . MORALITY PLAY : A genre of medieval and early Renaissance drama that illustrates the dissertation way to resume melayu live a pious life through allegorical characters. The characters tend to dissertation enhancement projects be personified abstractions of vices and virtues. For instance, characters named Mercy and Conscience might work together to stop Shame and papers, Lust from stealing Mr. Poorman's most valuable possession, a box of doctoral dissertation enhancement, gold labeled Salvation. Unlike a mystery play or a miracle play , a morality play does not necessarily use Biblical or strictly religious material, i.e., the morality play usually does not contain specific characters found in the Bible, such as saints or the gcse coursework scheme disciples or Old Testament figures.

Unlike the miracle play, which depicts astonishing and doctoral enhancement, moving miraculous events believed to history coursework mark scheme have occurred literally to specific historical figures in specific settings, the enhancement projects morality play takes place internally and psychologically in every human being. Mba Custom Papers. The protagonist often has a name that represents this universality, such as Everyman, Mankind, Soul, Adam, or whatnot. The most famous morality play is probably Everyman , a fifteenth-century drama in dissertation enhancement projects, which a grim character named Death summons Everyman to judgment. On his way to meet Death, Everyman discovers that all his old buddies are abandoning him except one. His friend Good Deeds is the only one that will accompany him to meet Death, while Beauty, Fellowship, Kindred, Knowledge, and Strength fall by the wayside on his journey. Other famous examples include The Castle of Perseverance and Mankind . Mba Custom. Contrast with mystery play and miracle play . MORPHEME : Linguistically, the smallest collection of sounds or letters in a spoken or written word that has semiotic importance or significance--a unit of meaning that cannot be divided into tinier units of meaning. For instance, in the English word rerun , the prefix re- is a morpheme implying again and the word run is a morpheme implying an dissertation, act of motion.

If we try to cut the term abortions prefix re- into smaller collections of sounds ( /r/ and /I/ phonetically), these sounds no longer have meaning attached to them, and they are no longer morphemes. Likewise, the dissertation enhancement projects morpheme run cannot be further subdivided into meaningful morphemes. Note that morphemes can be either free or bound . Typically, in English, individual syllables tend to be morphemes, though some occasional morphemes consist of single sounds. Contrast with grapheme and phoneme . MORPHOLOGY : The part of a language concerned with the structure of morphemes and how these morphemes combine. Linguists use this term in online help for essay, contrast with syntax . MORPHOSYNTAX : In linguistics, morphosyntax is an dissertation, impressive word scholars use when most people would simply say grammar. Design Essays. It is the study of how parts of a sentence relate to each other. MOSAIC AUTHORSHIP : The medieval and Renaissance belief that Moses wrote all five books of the doctoral enhancement projects Pentateuch. Click here for more discussion.

MOT JUSTE, LE (French, The right word): A well-chosen, precise, or exact word, an extremely appropriate or fitting bit of diction . MOTIF : A conspicuous recurring element, such as a type of incident, a device, a reference, or verbal formula, which appears frequently in works of literature. History Mark Scheme. For instance, the enhancement loathly lady who turns out to be a beautiful princess is a common motif in folklore, and the man fatally bewitched by a fairy lady is a common folkloric motif appearing in Keats' La Belle Dame sans Merci. In medieval Latin lyrics, the Ubi sunt ? [where are . Coursework Mark Scheme. . .?] motif is common, in enhancement projects, which a speaker mourns the papers lost past by repeatedly asking, what happened to the good-old days? (Where are the snows of yesteryear? asks Francois Villon.) The motif of the doctoral dissertation beheading game is common in Celtic myth, and so on. Gcse Mark Scheme. Frequently, critics use the word motif interchangeably with theme and leit-motif . See also folkloric motif . MOTIF OF THE DISGUISED KING : A common motif in folklore in which the king disguises himself and travels through his domains incognito . Examples include Prince Hal/Henry V in Shakespeare's plays, in which the king dons a cloak to obscure his features and then walks among his troops to converse with them and get a sense of their morale before battle. Doctoral. In Greek epics, Odysseus returns to his kingdom of Ithaca in abortions, disguise and doctoral enhancement projects, skulks among the suitors to gather intelligence toward the end of The Odyssey . In The Lord of the writing Rings , Aragorn is the rightful king of the west, but he remains disguised as the homeless and impoverished Strider. See also the motif of the doctoral hidden king , below. MOTIF OF THE HIDDEN KING : A common motif in folklore in which the rightful king of art and essays, a nation is absent or hidden away, but will one day be revealed and then triumphantly reclaim rule over dissertation projects his kingdom, ushering in a golden age. Essay Friendships. Examples in Arthurian literature include King Arthur, who is first hidden when Merlin spirits him away from Uther Pendragon while Arthur is an enhancement projects, infant but later revealed as the true ruler when he draws the sword from the stone. Additionally, at the end of his life, when King Arthur is wounded in help for essay, the fight with Mordred, he sails away to Avalon in the West, but prophecy asserts he will return from Faerie to rule Britain again in the hour of the island's greatest need. In world religions, some branches of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, Islam believe in the Mahdi, a hidden Imam, a rightful spiritual ruler of the Muslim faithful who remains hidden but will eventually reveal himself and return to power.

Some Tolkien scholars identify Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings as another example of the resume melayu motif. As Helen Armstrong notes: Aragorn has many of the marks of a mythical hidden king and true hero. His mother (and in an earlier draft his grandmother) prophesis on his behalf. At moments of drama a white flame appears on dissertation enhancement projects his brow. He loves a princess of the Elves. His marriage depends on his success, and the future of his kingdom depends on his marriage. He is supported and advised by a powerful otherworldly woman, Galadriel, and resume, he carries tokens of his heritage and destiny (Andúril, the Elfstone). The last sapling of the White Tree of Gondor flowers to herald his marriage, and he is crowned in dissertation enhancement, Gondor by Gandalf, the online for essay writing hierophant in the story. Doctoral Enhancement. . . . He has powers (such as his ability to control the palantír ) that rest partly in design, his innate royal authority. (see Aragorn entry in Drout 23)

MULTICULTURAL NOVEL : As Robert Harris defines the doctoral projects term in his glossary, a multicultural novel is. A novel written by a member of or about a cultural minority group, giving insight into non-Western or non-dominant cultural experiences and values, either in the United States or abroad. Examples: • Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart. • Amy Tan, The Kitchen God's Wife. • Forrest Carter, The Education of Little Tree. • Margaret Craven, I Heard the Owl Call My Name. • James Baldwin, Go Tell It on the Mountain. • Isaac Bashevis Singer, The Penitent. MULTICULTURALISM : In literature, multiculturalism is the narrative friendships belief that literary studies should include writings, poetry, folklore, and plays from a number of doctoral dissertation, different cultures rather than focus on Western European civilization alone. See also Latino writing and Harlem Renaissance for two examples of multicultural writings.

MULTIPLICATIVE : Most languages have various systems of numbering, typically at least two systems and sometimes many more. For instance, most languages distinguish between cardinal numbers (like one , two , or three in English or unus , duo , and tres in Latin) which indicate a tally and essay, can function as adjectives or substantive adjectives, and doctoral dissertation, ordinal numbers (such as first , second , and third in English or primus , secundus , and tertius in Latin), which indicate a sequence or ordering. However, a great number of history coursework, other possible numbering systems exist among the world languages, some of which have no perfect correspondence in English. These include the following: Multiplicative numbers indicate the number of times something multiplies or recurs, such as the dissertation projects English words single , double , triple , or quadruple , or the Latin words simplex, duplex, triplex , and quater , etc. Proportional numbers indicate comparisons of essay friendships, degree, such as Latin duplus , triplus , quadruplus , etc. English has no directly comparable words, and must express proportion with phrases like twice as great as or three times as much, etc. Numeric adverbs indicate how many times or how often something happens, such as English once , twice , or thrice or the Latin terms semel , bis , ter , or quater , etc. Distributive numbers indicate how many of each or how many at a time, especially when parts of a large number are being distributed among a smaller group. Examples include Latin singuli , bini , terni , and quaterni . English has no comparable system of single number-words, and it must express distributive ideas with phrases like one given to enhancement each one, two given to each one, three given to resume bahasa melayu each one, etc. Partitive numbers indicate the number of parts in projects, a greater whole, such as Latin binarius , ternarius , quaternarius , etc.

English has no comparable system except for a few limited words like binary or trinary , and it must express more complex partitive ideas or larger numbers with phrases like consisting of twelve parts, or divided into eighteen components. Temporal numbers are single words refering to units of time in the past, such as Latin bimus , trimus , etc. Term Abortions. English has no comparable system and doctoral enhancement, must express temporal numbers in full phrases like two years ago or three minutes in the future or lasting for a period of seven hours, where other languages might use a single word to encompass that idea. MUSES, THE NINE : The nine daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who had the design power to inspire artists, poets, singers, and writers. They are listed below along with their spheres of dissertation enhancement projects, influence: MUSIC OF THE SPHERES : In medieval and Renaissance Europe, many scholars believed in a beautiful song created by the movement of the heavenly bodies (sun, moon, and planets).

The music of history coursework scheme, spheres supposedly was infinitely beautiful, but humans were unable to hear it, either (a) because of their sinful separation from God, or (b) because they were so used to its presence, their minds automatically filtered it out as background noise. This medieval idea influences C. S. Lewis and J.R.R. Doctoral Dissertation. Tolkien's fantasy literature, in which Aslan creates Narnia through an act of singing and the elder gods of mba custom, Middle-Earth build the universe through a symphony that incorporates Melkor's awful, rebellious song into projects, the larger harmonies of the grand creator. MUTATION : A change in a vowel sound caused by another sound in the following syllable. In Old English and in Celtic languages like Irish Gaelic and Welsh, the type of mutation called i -mutation was especially common. Another common type is the gcse eclipsis mutation, a mutation in which a basic consonant sound is enhancement projects, eclipsed or replaced by a stronger sound in a preceding word. For a chart of the most common Irish mutations as examples, click here.

MYSTERY CULT : Unlike the official public cults dedicated to mba custom the Olympian gods in ancient Greece and dissertation enhancement projects, Rome, a number of religious practices involved chthonic deities (like Demeter) and imported foreign gods (Ishtar, Osiris, Mithras, etc.). The cults often shared features such as ritual washing or cleansing in the form of baptism, ritual christening or renaming, symbolically dying and being born again, etc. Gcse History Coursework Scheme. Possibly some may have offered the hope of an afterlife through metempsychosis (unlike standard Greek and Roman belief which emphasized a gloomy stay in the underworld). Others--in the case of Dionysian worshippers--ritually slew the god and ate him or drank his blood symbolically in doctoral enhancement, the form of wine. Regardless of specific varying details, these mystery cults shared a common element of secrecy--a distinction between the uninitiated outsider who did not share in their special blessings and narrative friendships, the initiated cult member who did. Doctoral Enhancement Projects. The cult rituals were held to be so sacred that it was blasphemous to reveal them to online help writing outsiders, even to speak of them, describe them, or write them down in any way. The rites were often held in inaccessible areas far from the local city--on mountain-tops or sea-shores or in catacombs. Some, like the mystery cult of Demeter, were open to any prospective members regardless of race, gender, or nationality as long as they spoke sufficient Greek to participate in the rituals.

Others were open to certain professions, such as the cult of Mithras which only allowed soldiers to join after an dissertation, initial baptism in bull's blood. Others were restricted by family (such as local versions of the Lykian wolf cult) or partly restricted by gender (such as the maenads of Dionysus). MYSTERY CYCLE : A collection of mystery plays in a single manuscript meant to bahasa melayu be performed sequentially. See discusion under mystery play , below. MYSTERY NOVEL : A novel focused on suspense and solving a mystery--especially a murder, theft, kidnapping, or some other crime. The protagonist faces inexplicable events, threats, assaults, and unknown forces or antagonists. Conventionally, the hero is doctoral, a keenly observant individual (such as Sherlock Holmes) and the police are depicted as incompetent or incapable of solving the crime by themselves. Many of the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allan Poe, and Agatha Christie are mystery novels. Note that this term should not be confused with the medieval mystery play , below. MYSTERY PLAY : A religious play performed outdoors in the medieval period that enacts an event from the Bible, such as the story of Adam and art and, Eve, Noah's flood, the dissertation enhancement projects crucifixion, and so on. Although the origins are uncertain, Mary Marshall and other early scholars like E. Online Help Writing. K. Chambers (author of The Medieval Stage , 1903) suggested that the doctoral plays developed out of the Latin liturgy of the church, in particular out of the Quem Quaeritis trope of Easter Day festivals.

These early Easter Day dramatic performances took place in the churchyard. Later, these plays gradually became secular and used vernacular languages rather than Latin, and they gradually moved out help writing, of the churchyard and ecclesiastical control, becoming outdoor performances controlled by the craftsmen in each city, according to this theory. Other scholars such as V. A. Kolve refute this idea, however. In any case, we do know that these religious plays were staged and performed by secular audiences. Typically, the various guilds in each city (such as the Carpenters' Guild, the doctoral projects Butchers' Guild, and so on) would sponsor and perform one play during the Corpus Christi festival, competing with each other for the most elaborate performance. Each guild would mount the play on a large wagon with a curtained scaffold, with the lower part of the wagon used as a dressing room.

Between forty and fifty of these wagons (one for each guild) would move from bahasa spot to spot in the city, so that spectators could watch several performances in dissertation enhancement, a single day. Mark. The plays often involved elaborate representations of heaven and hell, mechanical devices to create special effects, and lavish costuming. The dramatizations became increasingly elaborate, and they show signs of dissertation projects, developing psychological realism. The use of mystery in the name may originate in essays, either the enhancement idea of spiritual mysteries, which were the papers focus of each play, or it may result from the Latin word misterium (a guild). The mystery plays were an important precursor to the miracle plays and projects, morality plays (see above) in medieval drama, and they set the stage for the flowering of abortions, Renaissance drama that was to come with Shakespeare. Doctoral Dissertation Projects. Note that this term should not be confused with the Victorian and modern mystery novel , above. MYSTIC WRITERS : See discussion under mystics , below. MYSTICS : In the word's most general sense, mystics are religious visionaries who experience divine insights. In medieval scholarship, the term mystics or mystic writers is often used as a collective term for a group of late fourteenth-century and early fifteenth-century eremites in term papers, England who wrote mystical works in Middle English and Latin.

These include the anchoress Julian of doctoral projects, Norwich, who wrote The Book of Showings ; the illiterate mystic Margery Kempe, who dictated her autobiography The Book of Margery Kempe to two scribes; Richard Rolle, the author of Love is Love that Lasts for online help, Aye; and the anonymous author of dissertation enhancement projects, The Cloud of Unknowing . On the continent, other famous mystics include Saint Teresa of Avila, Hildegard of Bingen, and essay, Saint Francis of Assissi. The mystic writers are marked by doctoral dissertation the use of vivid (and sometimes confusing) imagery , intense emotional pathos (in the case of Margery Kempe), paradox (in the case of Richard Rolle), and design, an intense desire to verbalize what is largely a nonverbal experience (in the case of nearly every mystic). Mystics--regardless of religious background--are often marked by an experience in doctoral enhancement projects, which they perceive the universe as a unity or in which they feel a sense of being one with the divine. We see signs of this tendency in Julian of art and design essays, Norwich's vision of Christ's blood, which transforms into raindrops falling from the enhancement side of a roof and then in turn transforms into the scales on a herring, as if God's physical form were embodied in the entire universe. In a more general sense, the author of the book of Revelation in history coursework scheme, the Bible (commonly attributed to John of Patmos), and the poetry of William Blake are said to be visionary or mystical in enhancement, nature, though scholars usually do not place them in the same category as the medieval mystics. On the other hand, much of narrative, religious poetry and writing is dissertation enhancement, not particularly mystic in its nature--as witnessed by essay C. Projects. S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters or the poetry of Milton and Gerard Manley Hopkins, all three of which are profoundly religious, but which do not necessarily represent a struggle to verbalize an essays, intense religious vision in the same manner as a mystic writer.

MYTH : While common English usage often equates myth with falsehood, scholars use the term slightly differently. A myth is doctoral enhancement projects, a traditional tale of resume bahasa melayu, deep cultural significance to a people in terms of etiology , eschatology , ritual practice, or models of appropriate and inappropriate behavior. The myth often (but not always) deals with gods, supernatural beings, or ancestral heroes. The culture creating or retelling the myth may or may not believe that the myth refers to literal or factual events, but it values the mythic narrative regardless of its historical authenticity for its (conscious or unconscious) insights into the human condition or the model it provides for cultural behavior. See also folklore , legend , mythography , mythos , and mythology . MYTHOGRAPHY : The commentary, writings, and doctoral enhancement projects, interpretations added to myths.

Medieval writers, such as the four anonymous scribes collectively called the Vatican Mythographers, would take Greek and Roman myths and write elaborate Christianized allegories to explain the meaning of the text. Another example of medieval mythography is the Ovid moralisée , a retelling of Ovid's Metamorphoses in which French scribes interpret the legends as Christological commentary on the New Testament. MYTHOLOGY : A system of stories about the gods, often explicitly religious in nature, that possibly were once believed to be true by a specific cultural group, but may no longer be believed as literally true by online for essay writing their descendents. Doctoral Dissertation Projects. Like religions everywhere, mythology often provided etiological and eschatological narratives (see above) to help explain why the world works the art and way it does, to projects provide a rationale for customs and observances, to establish set rituals for sacred ceremonies, and to predict what happens to individuals after death. If the protagonist is a normal human rather than a supernatural being, the traditional story is usually called a legend rather than a myth. If the story concerns supernatural beings who are not deities, but rather spirits, ghosts, fairies, and other creatures, it is usually called a folktale or fairy tale rather than a myth (see folklore , below). Samples of myths appear in the writings of Homer, Virgil, and history coursework mark scheme, Ovid.

MYTHOPOEIA (Greek myth-making or myth-poetry): (1) J. R. Dissertation Projects. R. Tolkien's neologism for the deliberate creation of artificial myth , especially the design incorporation of traditional mythic archetypes into current fiction, whether that fiction be something akin to Virgil's propaganda in The Aeneid , the Romantic poetry of William Blake, or the fantasy literature of C.S. Lewis or Tolkien himself. Tolkien connected mythopoeia with his theological doctrine of subcreation (q.v.) (2) Tolkien's poem of the same title, which he wrote in response to an argument he and doctoral, the other Inklings had regarding C.S. Lewis' atheism shortly after September 19, 1931. C.S. Lewis initially felt he could not believe in a literal resurrection of Christ because the melayu narrative pattern in doctoral enhancement projects, the Gospels echoed much older myths about sacrificial dying gods, as detailed at length in Sir James Frazer's The Golden Bough . Art And Design. He thus thought that the Gospel stories, though breathed through silver, were merely pretty lies. Tolkien's counter-argument was that, even though much older versions of the story existed before the time of Christ, that did not matter. Tolkien argued that, what God did in doctoral dissertation enhancement, the incarnation and crucifixion was to take the older stories and make them literally true. Our older myths expressed man's deepest longest for redemption and resurrection, and that God chose to fulfill those ancient desires by giving Christ to term papers humanity--and thus the doctoral enhancement projects older myth could be made flesh and walk among us. MYTHOS : (1) Approaching the papers world through poetic narrative and traditional ritual rather than rational or logical thought. Doctoral Enhancement. (2) The collected myths of a specific culture in a general sense rather than in reference to art and essays one particular narrative or character.

For instance, we might refer specifically to the myth of Hercules fighting the Hydra, the enhancement projects myth of Kali drinking demons' blood, or the mba custom papers myth of the giant Ullikummis, but we would more generally say these tales belong to the Greek mythos , the Hindu mythos , or the Hittite mythos , respectively. Cf. Doctoral Projects. mythology .

Best Essay Writers Here -

UBC thesis under LyX; manuscript-based thesis under LaTeX. A year ago when I finished my dissertation at UBC I posted a complete set of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects LaTeX files for papers generating a manuscript-based thesis (bibliographies separate for each chapter, etc) in which each chapter is a separate file in LaTeX. (This is useful for being able to compile each chapter into its paper form from the same file.) [Update: 2011: I believe UBC has recently eliminated the manuscript-based thesis option] But I had given up on dissertation enhancement, the hope of writing the whole dissertation in LyX . I am now posting a (trivial) LyX layout file that can be used with Michael McNeil Forbes’ ubcthesis class to write your entire dissertation/thesis in LyX, rather than LaTeX source code. So, at least if you are not doing a manuscript-based thesis, you can write it all in LyX. This is all you need: Download and unzip my ubcthesislyx.zip [ Updated May 2013 ]. In the resulting folder you can, if you wish, update the ubcthesis.cls and genthesis.cls and the other files (linked from the UBC grad studies page). Term. In any case, you can now just launch ubcsamplelyx.lyx in LyX and bingo! You can see the resulting sample PDF. The trick here is doctoral projects that most of the resume bahasa melayu extra defined stuff for enhancement projects ubcthesis is not dealt with in the .layout file, and essay, therefore by LyX. Instead, most of these definitions come in the LaTeX preamble and are kept for simplicity in dissertation the LyX preamble.

So visit Document-Settings-Preamble within LyX to essays change all the front matter settings. Let me know if you make use of it (or make improvements), please. I did as you said and doctoral enhancement projects, replaced genthesis.cls, ubcthesis.cls and the sample.bib files. Upon replacing and trying to render a PDF or DVI with just the default data, I get a latex stack error. Hi VR. Have you had luck with this?

It seems to compile fine for me (I’m using GNU/Linux, but it shouldn’t make any difference). I’ve updated the files and fixed one bug (duplicate bibstyle). If you make any progress/improvements, please contribute them… I am having the same difficulty as VR (although I did not replace any files). TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000]. If you really absolutely need more capacity, you can ask a wizard to enlarge me. Running OS X. Thank you for your support. Sorry — it seems odd that there’s something in narrative essay friendships there not working on Mac which works on dissertation projects, GNU.

Michael Forbes is running Mac, so maybe we will sort it out. Mba Custom. His plan now is to house the LyX and LaTeX versions in dissertation enhancement projects one distribution, to design simplify things. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement. Feel free to help figure out term abortions what’s going on (e.g. try removing the bibliography or etc? look up any special setup or problems for LyX on Mac). Dissertation. But this was all meant to provide a turnkey solution… Update: Michael says “remove dependence on babel in narrative friendships LyX setup” seems to work. So.. maybe try: Tools-Preferences-language- then uncheck the “use babel” box. [Update: 2010 Sept: links in post updated. Should work flawlessly.] thank you for your template, but it does not resolve my problem!

I’m writing my PhD thesis and after about 3000 words, I cannot compile LyX to dissertation enhancement get the pdf version. Here is my error message from LyX : TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000]. If you really absolutely need more capacity, you can ask a wizard to term papers abortions enlarge me. Here is my preambule: % supprime les hoffsets. % 2.5 cm pour la reliure 2 de l'autre cote. % largeur hauteur du texte. fancyhead % supprime toutes les entetes.

fancyhead[LE] % le chapitre page paire a gauche. fancyhead[RO] % la section page impaire a droite. fancyfoot % supprime tous les pied de page. fancyfoot[LE,RO] % le numero de page en bas a droite ou gauche. renewcommand % eppaisseur du trait de l'entete. % redefini le style plain utiliser pour les titre de chapitre.

fancyhf % clear all header and footer fields. % elargir les tableaux. %titre de chapitre. %pr mettre figure en gras. %pr mettre section avec autre police. Please, what can I do. I think you can overcome this easily, as I think it’s a standard LaTeX catch, not a LyX problem (to the extent that that makes any sense). Dissertation Enhancement. You have done something “wrong”, and likely in your lower-level latex code rather than what LyX lets you do. Just google on the error. or post your question to a latex forum (google groups, for online instance). (for instance, see http://www.phys.washington.edu/users/mforbes/projects/ubcthesis/lyx/ for dissertation enhancement some examples of mistakes people have made to mba custom papers cause this error.) You can google for standard ways of doctoral enhancement projects debugging your .tex code too, like cutting out parts of your file to resume find out where the offending mistake is…

By the way, there’s no need, especially, to start out with all the front matter and dissertation enhancement projects, thesis-specific stuff when you’re writing your chapters. If you’re early on in the process, I’d recommend using the “book” class within LyX to begin writing, using bibliographic references, cross-references, etc. It should be relatively easy to switch over to melayu the thesis class later when you’re getting close. i download the Lyx-file for my master thesis. Doctoral. I got the error message, that the ubcthesis.cls is not available to mba custom Lyx. So i download it but i really don’t know what to do with this file – means where to put and what to do. I use a mac with MacTex framework.

can anybody help? thanks a lot in doctoral enhancement advance. The answer lies with MacTeX. I should think a quick Google will find the answer. Please post it (or confirm my guess, below), when you find what works. I think class files belong in. But you might have to run “texhash” on the command line to update the database after adding the .cls file?. Maybe. To add to art and essays Chris’s post in case anyone else is having this trouble, I’ve just — with some gracious help — started to get sorted out for writing in Lyx/Latex. I managed to compile Christina’s .lyx code by following these steps (my installation is MacTex on doctoral dissertation projects, a Macbook running OS 10.7.4):

(1) I put the ubcthesis.cls file into MacbookProHD/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex. This folder wasn’t visible to start so I had to switch Finder to show all files. Instructions here: http://www.macworld.com/article/1051830/showallfinder.html. (2) I put Chris’s .layout file into MacbookProHD/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/LyX-2.0. (3) Run texhash as root, i.e., open terminal, type “sudo bash”, enter your password, and then type “texhash”. (4) Reconfigure Lyx, an option in the Lyx menu (next to the apple menu), and restart Lyx. This was all I had to do.

I may discover other glitches as I write my own thesis (e.g., around bibtex) but Christina’s code worked well enough. Resume Bahasa. I’ll endeavour to enhancement projects post here from time to time if I come across anything else that I think may be useful. Well done. I suspect you could have put your .cls into your on texmf, rather than the system/root one, MacbookProHD/Users/[username]/Library/texmf/tex and then run texhash as yourself, rather than as root. Right you are, and narrative friendships, from what I understand installing in enhancement the user rather than the system folder is better practice. So I made the switch and all works equally fine. Art And Essays. Thanks for pointing this out. My thesis compiled ok but when I submitted it to doctoral FOGS they said that the Abstract should go in gcse page ii and I am obtaining some blank pages all around. How can I solve this?

Perhaps you solved this? Have you selected single or double sided thesis? Double-sided will produce blank pages. Any idea how to change the enhancement projects name of the “Contents” to narrative friendships “Table of Contents” to fit UBC FoGS guidelines. I tried: But it didn’t work.

Thanks. Close, not quite. Thanks for dissertation projects the reply. But unfortunately it still doesn’t work. Gcse History Coursework Mark Scheme. I don’t get why I can’t change the fixed string to Table of Contents. Seem so bizarre… I figured it out. Has to do with the babel package that gets used somewhere in doctoral dissertation enhancement the tex document. Term. This link has more information.

I solved it by including the following lines in dissertation enhancement projects the preamble: Hope that helps anyone else who has this same problem. Oppos forgot to finish the code: I prepared my FoGS-approved UBC PhD dissertation in term papers abortions LyX. I am wondering how you inserted your Table of Contents to start with. I used “insert” “list/TOC” and select TOC. This creates a little box in mythesis.lyx that reads — “Table of Contents” (looks the same font/colour as List of Tables and List of Figures). In the compiled version I get “Table of Contents”. Is that how you created your TOC? I just used the enhancement ubcsamplelyx.lyx file that is provided in the ubcthesislyx.zip package.

The TOC “box” was already added. Online Help For Essay. If you compile that straight up into a pdf, then it should say ‘Contents’ as the header from the TOC section. Speaking of TOCs…I’m having trouble getting LyX to dissertation treat my Nomenclature (List of Acronyms) properly. Two things: 1) In the TOC the List of Acronyms has the wrong page number – instead of the mba custom start page, LyX has listed the doctoral dissertation enhancement finish page (should be ix, says xi); 2) It is term papers abortions adding “List of Figures” as a fancy header on the 2nd page of the projects List of Acronyms – even though I’ve typed ERT “thispagestyle ” — this ERT has worked everywhere else in mba custom the document that I’ve used it. Any ideas?

Update: problem solved. Dissertation. Choose “phd, oneside, intoc” in the LaTeX preamble. Also, you can eliminate the resume bahasa melayu ERT [addcontentsline ] in the front matter (Acknowledgments, Preface, etc) by making those “Chapters” instead of “Chapters*”. Your First Chapter of mainmatter may appear to be Chapter 3 or 4 or 5 (depending on how many frontmatter sections you have) but LaTeX will suppress the dissertation projects frontmatter chapters, so that Chapter 1 – Introduction – will be Chapter 1. And the need for ERT to suppress page styles is also eliminated. I can’t get the greek letters to show up in my math equations. When I copy the equations into a new LyX file and view it as a DVI the greek letters are there but when I put the equations into the ubc thesis the greek letter don’t show up. Mba Custom. Any ideas? It seems to export to a ps2pdf fine (all the greek letters are correct).

Not sure why the projects DVI has problems but as long as I can get a correct pdf, I don’t really care. How do you get the appendicies to online help for essay writing show up as “Appendix A” vs. just “A” in doctoral the TOC? Assume you are using LyX. If so you need to resume insert – from the toolbar- an appendix section (much like you choose to enhancement projects insert a biblio). I don’t have access to LyX right now, but going from memory I think that works.

If not then you may need ERT to add to the toc that labels the entry . See code in earlier comment. Let us know how it goes. Yes, I am using LyX. I have an Appendix in Lyx, that’s not the problem. Bahasa Melayu. What happens is that the TOC lists the chapters by numbers (ie. 1 Introduction) then it put “Bibliography” then the appendicies (A Calculations, B Operating Procedure, C …, ect). What I’m looking for dissertation enhancement projects is either a title before the gcse history scheme appendices (“Appendices” with nothing else on that line) or to list the appendices as “Appendix A Calculations” vs “A Calculations”. Ok. Did You try inserting the ERT at each appendix?

Sorry I cannot give better instructions right now. Maybe someone else has LyX available and can comment. If it is doctoral dissertation enhancement projects still a problem after the weekend I’ll try to help out then once I’m back in front of my computer. I don’t sure which code you are talking about. Resume Bahasa Melayu. Can you point me to dissertation projects the right post? Check my post from online, January – add contents TOC and see if that gets you anywhere. Full instructions not in that post but best I can do right now. Hi Prof. Christopher, I get the doctoral enhancement following message when I compile to pdf: ! Package hyperref Error: Wrong DVI mode driver option `hypertex’,

Whereas when I used the file ubcsamplelyx-auto.lyx I don’t get this message. If there a difference between the two files? Also, how can I change the front page? Thanks in gcse mark scheme advance. You can change the front page by going to Document - Settings - LaTeX Preamble in enhancement projects LaTex. That shows you the gcse history coursework mark code and it should be well enough documented so you can figure out what to change. I could only doctoral dissertation enhancement get mine to export as a “ps2pdf”, have you tried that pdf version? Using (resorting to) pspdf doesn’t sound like a great solution to me, since some modern desirable features tend to bahasa melayu be offered only doctoral dissertation using pdflatexl, which does not go through a DVI or postscript stage.

Samer, when you are compiling, you should be using pdflatex, not some other route to PDF. Is this option visible in your View menu in LyX? Viewing as PDF via pdflatex works for me on the ubcsamplelyx.lyx file. Viewing as pdfaltex or pspdf does not work for the ubcsamplelyx.lyx. it works on the other file ubcsamplelyx-auto.lyx. Is there a difference between the essays two files? when I try to view the projects file as DVI it got the papers message : dvips.exe: Windows API error 5: Access is denied. dvips.exe: Data: C:Program Files (x86)MiKTeXdvipspsfrag. C:Program Files (x86)MiKTeXmiktexbindvips.exe: ! Couldn’t find header file: psfrag.pro. Could this be related? I have the same problem with the doctoral dissertation enhancement PDF, but the DVI version works fine.

If I’m not mistaken the problem started when I upgraded to Lyx 2. My labmate has a Linux machine and works good for gcse history her. I’m using Windows 7. Hope someone can shed some light on this issue. Thank you for sharing, this is massively useful! It was easy enough to modify it for my PhD proposal. Congratulations!

And thanks for the kind feedback. Dissertation Projects. I trust you will spread work of your success… I changed the coding of online writing hyperref a bit, and dissertation projects, it worked for me. Online Help For Essay Writing. Hope it helps the others as well. Just replace the usepackage [hypertex, blah blah blah] to the following code. Thanks Priya, it solved the problem for me too.

I also deleted the dissertation projects [2003/11/30] that appeared after. Thanks a million. Thanks for gcse coursework the great layout. I was fully prepared to write a UBC Thesis LyX layout myself, thank you for doctoral enhancement projects saving me bundles of time. BTW, using LyX 2.0.6 with TeXLive 2012, I got the problem described by Samer Atallah (August 7, 2012 at essays, 10:13 pm). Using Priya’s (September 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm) fixed it for me. @Priya, @Jannu, @BenBlumer: Thanks for the fix! I updated the version in the .zip file with Priya’s change, although I suspect all that was wrong was the bizarre date that Jannu mentions.

Not sure how that got in there!

Buy Essay Online -

60 Free Flat Icons in Different Shapes | PSD, Vector. Design Trends keep changing every year and enhancement projects we already found two new trends emerging this year, the flat and the long shadow. Bahasa! Flat icons in design was a hot topic among designers and now long shadow with flat design is becoming the dissertation projects new trend. Don#8217;t know how or who gets these amazing design ideas but all us benefit for sure. Resume! Every major company is shifting towards flat designs these days. What now, every thing in future is going to be flat? Flat design may be new but since everyone and every mobile application is using it, its getting old and that#8217;s why long shadow design kicked into the market fast.

But it depends on what you want or what is good looking for the website theme. All icon designs still exist and catch viewers attention, so it doesn#8217;t matter which one we use. One thing i noticed is flat designs are easy on the eyes if you are working on a application which uses flat icons. I love to use windows 8 over windows 7 because windows 8 uses clean and flat colors, no irritation at all. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement Projects! Not all flat designs are appealing, only some do the trick as others still remain bad for many viewers. Online For Essay! Getting visitor attention and interest is what icons do either its flat, long shadow, glossy etc.

If this list of icons are not enough then don#8217;t worry we will update it often. Get more flat social media icons as well as vector web icon by visiting our pages. Please share the doctoral enhancement projects pages with your friends if you like or find any part of our website useful. Stay tuned for more updates. This is bahasa melayu, one of the best free flat icons suitable for those involved in any kind of food related project. Be it a modern food related project or something traditional, this will suit your needs. Organic food icon set contains 30 food icons and dissertation all these crafted with utmost care for an amazing look. Format: AI, EPS, SVG and PNG. This is mba custom, one of the doctoral biggest icon pack consisting of 2000 icons in resume 17 different categories.

Find icons like audio, clothes shoes, controls navigation, devices network, celebration holiday etc. The icons are vector based while at the same time you can change the color, style and move, resize them in less time. Format : AI, SVG, EPS, PSD, PNG. Another one of the doctoral dissertation enhancement most useful free flat icon that contain more than 270 icons and having a circular style. This looks beautiful in any website. Download this free flat icon for iOS 7 that consist of 40 icons and they have high image resolution. Released for Apple ios these flat icons include weather, maps, game center, notes, clock, camera, photos, newsstand and more. Gcse History Coursework Mark! Designed by Yasir Jawaid, this flat icon set consist around 90 icons and each of doctoral enhancement them are available in resume bahasa melayu two formats PNG and PSD.

It includes most of the necessary items such as Communication, Signs Symbols, Media, Developers Icon, files Folders, Shopping Cart, Office Finance, Graph and all social media Icons. Dissertation Enhancement Projects! If you are looking for a clean and art and essays simple icon set, this is the one to doctoral enhancement projects, go for. As the name suggest, this icon set is resume bahasa melayu, completely round where all icons are present inside a circle. The clean look of the icons is impressive and goes perfect for most of the project. Flat OS X Icons is something different that consist of many icons. Icons for different categories such as games, apps, file, folder etc. are available in this set. The design is doctoral dissertation enhancement, clean and it will be definitely loved by mba custom papers most of the users. Featuring icons like sales, trend, money, users and cart, this flat icon set is suitable for doctoral enhancement projects, any kind of eCommerce related projects.

All these icons are well designed that are not only in your website but in videos, app and friendships other similar things. Office flat icons is a attempt to provide an doctoral dissertation enhancement, amazing looking office suit of icons. Making the icons rounded rather than square and sharp was the term abortions answer here. The success of this icon also brought the second version that have a more modern look along with a flat design style. Super Heros and SUPER VILLAINS Volume VII. Are you looking for the best comic icons? Then your search ends here as this comic icons that let your users enjoy the comic website with high end icons. It is completely free to download. Consisting of 14 anime icons this is another best flat icon that focus on anime websites. Based on fairy tail guilds Volume VI, this icon set provide the utmost fun with its high quality icons.

Another best free flat icons suitable for anime forums, desktops and blogs. Long shadow is the style of this icon set and it also has logos to use in the related projects. Consisting of 48 vector icons, this set let you customize the icons as per your project needs. All the icons are in enhancement vector shape and the icons are for both personal and resume melayu commercial project purpose. So, download the icon set and use it in your project. Doctoral! One more useful vector icons to use in your project. Art And Design Essays! It consists of 50 vector icons that are suitable for apps and doctoral dissertation enhancement web.

It also contains a total of 100 icons including all the online writing framed and unframed ones. It includes transparent .png files having a dimension of 24-1024 pixels. Dissertation! Free flat Icons (PSD) contains 20 icons that uses flat design. Some of the icons in this set are for web browser, Mac, iPhone etc. This is free to download, so get it and use in your suitable project to resume melayu, make it more impressive. Inspired by the amazing flat design trend, this volume provide a diverse look with its distinctive icons. It contains 16 flat icons of different categories and doctoral projects all are available in vector shape.

This set has different categories such as camera, music, social media and more. It looks stunning while you can customize the icons as per your project needs. Customization process is much easier which you can do in Photoshop. A lovely icon set with a long shadow design. There are total 16 icons and in vector shape layers. You can use it in your suitable project to make it look more beautiful and meaningful. Provided in a psd file this is another flat design icon set consisting of 16 vector shaped icons. Download is completely free and you can start your work with it.

Motivated by flat design UI trend, this is another icons set to use in your project. This one contains total 16 flat icons that have a minimalist and distinctive look. Use it in all kind of projects be it personal or professional. This set has a total of 30 essential icons which is free to download. Icons include shopping, contact, delete, document and chat. This modern flat style icon set is ideal for both mobile application and websites. The icons are of multi colors so, you can use them as per your project needs. This set is bahasa melayu, useful for various commercial projects.

These long shadow icons are life saver and are valuable. Icons contain calendar, camera, delete, edit, event, pages etc. Doctoral Dissertation! This is a set of crisp and flat iOS7 icons that consists icons such as camera, video, chat, Google map, Gallery chart, Twitter, Apple icon and gcse scheme more. 12 iOS7 icon sets are of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects much help here. So, download this package and help for essay try in your projects. Modern Icons For Web And UI Designs.

This is a small set of free icons containing 8 icons such as Camera, Clock, Notepad, Switch, Browser, E-mail and doctoral dissertation enhancement iPad icon. You can use them for web and UI design in any kind of project. So, download it for term, free. This is another small set of free icons consisting of 6 icons and serves all your needs. The icons are adjustable and user-friendly so get them in doctoral dissertation projects your project to make it more useful.

These free flat icons serve the need of hosting websites and mobile apps. The icons are of papers abortions high resolution, scalable and enhancement projects is minimal which are unique. Mba Custom Papers! This PSD file set is helpful for all kind of purposes. The icons are editable and scalable, so you can use them in your projects. Downloading is doctoral enhancement projects, possible by a single click and that too in no time. Delivered in vector shape this icon set contains 12 flat SEO icons.

All icons are flexible, playful and for mobile device, web design etc. If your business is related to portfolio or agency, these are the icons to choose that will be suitable for your business. It is a set of 12 free flat icons and each of the icon is coursework, scaleable to adjust in your project. Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement! If you wish to bring a vector style design in gcse history scheme your project then this flat icon pack that has a total 25 icons in it. Doctoral Enhancement! The icons present here is adjustable in Photoshop. Term Abortions! This light android icon set looks great in all kind of doctoral dissertation projects colored background. The subtle shadow icons let you add more details if required. All the icons are scalable, pixel perfect and have all the help for essay layers. Flat icons-part 2 is a great set of flat icons where all the icons are in rounded shape. Download them for free to use in dissertation enhancement your project to serve any kind of bahasa melayu purpose. All the icons in this package are descriptive and clear.

As the enhancement projects name suggest, the icons are in hexagonal shape. Icons such as settings, calendar, mail etc. Narrative! are available here, so download them to use it in your project. The icons are for email applications and you can use it in your project to serve the required needs. The icon is clean and available for download in doctoral dissertation projects one click. Use this icon in any project and let us know how it looks. Design! Consisting of 5 browser icons, this is a free flat icons package developed with great design. Browser icons such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome Canari are present in the package. This is available in PSD format.

Use this simple and colorful flat icons where all the icons are resizable due to doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, their vector shape. Icons such as browsers, cloud, clock, gallery, notes, paper and calendar are here. So, download the set and use it in essays any project with ease. This is the second version of Flat icon PSD that contains some different set of icons such as camera, lock, magnify, lock, notes, iPhone, Zoom, profile etc. The icons are available in PSD format. A small set of enhancement 16 flat icons designed in the same color, also all the for essay icons are in rounded shape except for the head icons. While all other icons are clear and meaningful, the doctoral dissertation projects presence of head icon is bit odd.

At first glance you will see an awesome set of flat icons designed with impressive colors. Once you download these you will find icons such as clock, camera, calculator, weather, maps etc. Personal and commercial usage . This is a set of 100 royalty free flat style icons in different categories useful for several kind of personal and Commercial projects. Narrative Essay! So download the set by clicking on the below link and start using in doctoral dissertation enhancement projects your projects. This unique clock icon is something more than what you find. Bahasa Melayu! This freebie is free and dissertation enhancement you can use it in your projects to add a bit more meaning. Mba Custom Papers! Icons are wanted by the designers to dissertation, speed up project.

If you are in search of flat icons, then you will find it here. The vintage styled design of this set will definitely impress you. If your project needs a set of flat flag icons, this is the one to look for. This contains 195 flat flags to serve your project needs. Download the online help writing pack and start deploying it in enhancement projects your project and impress all. Gcse History! Gmail icons can have many styles and any variety is awesome. But if your job requires the most simple and clean icon of dissertation enhancement projects Gmail, this is the best option to term papers, look for.

PSD and Ai version format is doctoral, available here. Narrative Essay! A new icon pack with extra set of flat icons is what you get. The social media icons, basic icons are in this set. Using Photoshop you can have more customization. A big set of flat icons that have 170 icons and another 45 game icons. The icons are in hexagonal shape and includes music, social network, ecommerce, camera etc. Amazing set for Windows Office icons. Many icons are present in the set that you can use as per your project need. This set is also completely free, so download it soon to use in your projects. Its better not to miss this pack containing 725 icons and all these icons are great for applications, browsers, os. Great set to use in doctoral dissertation personal and commercial projects.

One more great set from Kirby which consist 616 tiles and the icons are for application, files, solders, Google services, system etc. This is worth trying, so download and feel the magic of it. Resume Bahasa! This is a set of 9 icons presented in rounded shape. All these icons can be used anyway, so download them from the below link to doctoral dissertation enhancement, use it in your suitable project. Available at friendships free, this set contain great design that is worth checking. A cool set of Google Drive icons where the icons are in vector shape so it scales to large size. Dissertation Enhancement Projects! It is in design PSD format and you can use the below link to download the icon set.

This freebie contains 10 flat icons designed for health and fitness. Appropriate for doctoral dissertation, projects, personal and commercial. This is a set of 20 colorful icons where all icons are perfectly layered using Photoshop. Change color, size to make it versatile and meaningful for your project. Whether your project is of food drinks, weather, outdoor, fashion, this flat icons set will work for online writing, many. Also suitable for website having a modern, flat and metro look. A pack of 24 fully layered PSD icons to dissertation enhancement, use in all kind of personal and commercial project. There is also option to essay friendships, edit the icons, so that it can fit your needs perfectly. This is a complete weather icons perfect for weather serving website. Enhancement! If you are looking for friendships, something similar, it is worth checking once.

This is an interesting flat AI icons that contain soccer, portfolio, music icons. The design is impressive, try in your next projects. Dissertation Enhancement! 30 Free Long Shadow Icons for designers. 40 Amazing Flat Free Sketch, PSD Admin Dashboard Templates. 30+ Beautiful and design essays Free Thin Fonts You Shouldn’t Miss. 20 Best Websites to Download Free Vector in 2017.

30+ Awesome Free Fonts for Your Designs. 30 Best Photoshop Logo Design Tutorials. 25 Best Websites to Download Free PSD. 20 Free Blog PSD Templates for Magazines, Personal Blogs, News. 35+ Free Photoshop PSD Price Templates for Pricing Tables, Plans. Free Grunge Textures : 24 Backgrounds and Images Set. Textures are used to create, add special background effects to a design, background wallpapers, posters Hey Allie, thanks for including our flat icon pack in your roundup. Talk about a ton of great icons here!

Yes dear. Thankyou for doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, sharing your thoughts. Hi there I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the art and design theme/design), I don. You will Never find me downgrading my Icons to Flat. This 72 year old Artist has too much Pride. :) . It doesn#8217;t always have to be flat.

I was searching icons for dissertation enhancement, my project work and downloaded few of them. Thanks for term papers, sharing.

Academic Proofreading -

Free Essays on Responsibility Army. ARMY CORE VALUES LDRSHIP is the acronym which stands for: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and doctoral dissertation, Personal Courage LOYALTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the US Constitution, the Army , your unit, and other soldiers. Be loyal to the nation and its heritage. Loyalty is a two-way. The Significance of responsibility. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF RESPONSIBILITY Tyler Petri May 20, 2014 The Significance of Responsibility Responsibility is defined by two pertinent definitions in papers, our language. The state or fact of having a duty to doctoral enhancement projects, deal with something or of having control over someone; the state or fact of being accountable. States Army we are taught to live by the Seven Army Values.

They are broken down to us in the acronym ‘LDRSHIP’ which is short for Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage. We are all taught these 7 Army values repeatedly from day one in the United States Army . First. Management and the Army Mark Bietsch MGT330: Management for Organizations (BAC1250A) Professor Moore 28 July 2013 Management and the Army The Army has a very well organized structure that has many different elements within its structure. Term! The Army uses many different regulations that cover the. What It Means to enhancement projects, Be Respectful in Today’s Army towards NCO’s and Officers. What it means to be respectful in today’s army towards NCO’s and officers The United States Army is structured on several values and principles that it upholds, among these are military bearing, discipline and bahasa, respect.

These principles represents what the organization strongly believes in and governs. ? THE ARMY AS A PROFESSION 04 MARCH 2014 A profession is an dissertation projects occupation that requires specialized training and resume bahasa, continued education. The United States Army is a profession. A profession is not merely a job, but a way of life. Doctoral Enhancement! Those readily accepted as. Army Health, Can I Dip in a Building. AR 600-63, Army Health Promotion Over the years, the Army has strived to achieve optimal overall health for the entire Army community.

Policies and responsibilities for the Army health promotion program are prescribed in AR 600-63. Papers! The programs vital to Army health promotion are Army substance abuse. LIVING THE ARMY VALUES It Means You Live Up To A Higher Standard Many people know what the doctoral dissertation enhancement words Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage mean. But how often do you see someone actually live up to them? Soldiers learn these values in detail during Basic. Accountability and writing, Responsibility. These two words are often used interchangeably, however, they are NOT interchangeable. Let me explain: Responsibility can be, and often is, shared.

Many people are responsible to you in your NWM business - Your sponsor, the rest of your upline, the people in your organization as it begins to develop. is the responsibility of commanders to ensure that military personnel under their command present a neat and soldierly appearance. Therefore, in the absence of projects specific procedures or guidelines, commanders must determine a Soldier’s compliance with standards in this regulation. c. The Army uniform. Responsibilities As a leader you must ensure that your soldiers clearly understand their responsibilities as members of the team and as representative of the Army . Commanders set overall policies and standards, but all leaders must provide the guidance, resources, assistance and gcse mark scheme, supervision necessary. How Far Was Field Marshall Sir Douglas Haig Responsible for the Failings of the British Army in 1916 and 1917? Douglas Haig responsible for dissertation projects, the failings of the British army in abortions, 1916 and 1917? There is no doubt that Sir Douglas Haig was considerable responsible for the ‘Failings’ of the British army in the years 1916 and 1917. However Sir Douglas Haig responsibility was limited because of the culpability of others, especially. 1000 Word Essay On The Importance Of Accountability In The Army. 1000 word essay on doctoral enhancement, the importance of accountability in the army Free Essays on 5000 Word Essay On Accountability Responsibility for students. Accountability in the army is important because soldiers as well as equipment, ammunition, food, water and other various 1000 Words on Accountability.

Free Essays. everything they do — whether they’re on the job or off. In short, the Seven Core Army Values listed below are what being a Soldier is all about. LOYALTY Bear true faith and resume bahasa melayu, allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Army , YOUR unit and other Soldiers. Bearing true faith and enhancement, allegiance is a matter of.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF LEADERSHIP POSITIONS As everybody know, to be responsible and art and, accomplish with your duties, is doctoral, one of the most important things around the world in the labor area. Papers! Without being responsible and do whatever you are supposed to do, practically. RESPONSIBILITY , ACCOUNTABILITY AND IMPORTANCE. Responsibility and Accountability almost have the same meaning only enhancement, slight differences. Responsibility is defined as , the obligation to carry forward an assigned task to a successfull conclusion. With responsibility goes authority to. Accountability Responsibility Losing military property is a crime and it is unacceptable behavior that will not be tolerated. Your misconduct and neglect could have resulted in needless expense and art and design, has jeopardized the effectiveness of our organization to successfully accomplish the missions at hand. To What Extent Can We Attribute Responsibility for Instances of Persecution in History to the Influence of Powerful Individuals? (Mao Zedong) Rise of doctoral enhancement Persecuting society To what extent can we attribute responsibility for instances of persecution in history to the influence of powerful individuals? In this essay it will be focusing on the persecutions that took place in China up until Chairman Mao Zedong’s death in 1976.

Also the influence. Accountability and Army Values Accountability is essential to the army to keep up and maintain where personnel are and if everything is ok with them. The U.S. army values states that’s soldiers that are accountable for their actions. Being accountable means being dependable and arriving to work and. Responsibility In the world of the military, there are many tasks and a single person alone cannot do all the for essay writing roles that need to be fulfilled. Dissertation! The responsibilities that leaders and their subordinates have can range from one to art and design, one thousand and the importance of the enhancement missions or tasks should. the U.S. constitution, the Army , and other Soldiers.” Duty “Fulfill your obligations.” Respect “Treat people as they should be treated.” Selfless Service “Put the welfare of the nation, the Army and your subordinates above your own.” Honor “Live up to the army values.” Integrity “Do what’s. Accountability Experience in design essays, the Us Army. Importance of Accountability in dissertation projects, The Us Army By The following essay is a compilation of my personal experiences, definitions, and examples of how responsibility and accountability are important to surviving in today’s Army . For Essay Writing! One of the values the United States Army most seeks in its soldiers is accountability. Accountability in projects, the Army Essay 7. play. Army Regulation 600-20 IAW Discipline.

Why is discipline so important? Because to be accounted for is a part of bahasa disciplinary actions, and a part of being a professional and a soldier is by living the dissertation projects army values none more overpowering then the other. So yes Discipline along with the other Army Values. Leadership According to term papers abortions, the Army Field Manual, 6-22, all Army team members, Soldiers and civilians alike, must have a basis of understanding what leadership is and does. Leadership skills are of course the foundation of successful operations within the enhancement projects United States Military. Online For Essay Writing! That ability to train. ARMY SONG Unit History General Orders NCO Support Channel and Chain of Command Warrior Tasks Drill and Ceremony Army Physical Readiness Training Military Custom and Courtesy Army Programs . ? PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY Personal responsibility’s definition may differ from doctoral dissertation person to person but my view on personal responsibility may be common or it might be not.

I believe personal responsibility means being able to take care of bahasa melayu oneself and those you. Accountability and Responsibility in enhancement projects, the Army. the past seven years that I have been in the Army is that accountability and design, responsibility are the two most important things that the organization focuses on. Doctoral Enhancement Projects! In this essay, I will be discussing the importance of accountability and narrative friendships, the responsibilities as a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO). Doctoral Dissertation Enhancement Projects! Accountability. One of the mba custom papers most important things about the army is being accountable for work. Doctoral Dissertation! The army keeps accountability for their weapons, their vehicles, equipment and of course their personnel. Coming to work and being on time is papers, very important. Dissertation Enhancement Projects! And failure to do so can get you in serious trouble such as corrective. ? Abstract The Army is a great profession were many individuals come together and make the impossible happen. This institution has to overcome more obstacles then most average career paths will take you.

The only way these thing have happened and will continue to happen is through discipline. The Importance of Accountability and Responsibility in the United States Army. The Importance of Accountability and Responsibility in the United States Army The following essay is definitions, and examples of how responsibility , accountability and time management are important to succeeding in today’s Army . Responsibility is increased when soldiers have a single, clear set. accountable for themselves and their subordinates. In this paper I will stress the essay friendships importance of responsibility in the United States Army . A Soldier must always actively strive to reflect well upon the Army . To do this, they must hold themselves to a higher standard than the rest of society. From the. Equipment Responsibility in the Us. Army. Equipment Responsibility The United States army values soldiers that are responsibility for dissertation enhancement projects, their actions and equipment. Abortions! Being responsibility means being Dependable-arriving to work and doctoral dissertation projects, appointments on time, keeping track of and control of narrative essay equipment, meeting deadlines, being in the right place . Army: World War Ii and British Empire. Indian Army ! (482 Words) India has one of the best armies in doctoral enhancement, the world.

The Indian Army came in mba custom papers, existence with independence and has inherited most of the infrastructure of the British Indian Army . In whichever war they have been presented, victory was always theirs. Apart from conflicts, the army has. What Is Accountability in the Army. the property, documents, or funds. Accountability is concerned primarily with records, while responsibility is dissertation, concerned primarily with custody, care, and online writing, safekeeping. Doctoral Enhancement! Why is accountability important to the Army ? Accountability is a very important part of an enlisted and a NCO's job. The enlisted soldier. The first time I considered joining the Army was shortly after September 11, 2001. That was the first time it became spotlessly clear to gcse history coursework mark, me that every individual and every organization is responsible to God, not on the basis of their capacity, but their potential. Only America could be the “world’s policeman.

The Foundation of a Successful Army. like Genghis Khan, powerful armies have triumphed not only by the strength of projects their weapons or the number of warriors in their ranks, but by the skill and precision borne of the discipline instilled in the soldiers using the weapons. The foundations of any successful army are found in the soldiers that. why the army wants dress right dress. essay: Why the army wants things dress right dress. To start the essay off id like to go over the reason that i am writing the essay to online for essay writing, ensure you (the reader) that i know why i am writing it. When i raised my right hand on September 14th 2012 i was swearing into the U.S Army , which was pretty.

MILITARY BEARING, DISCIPLINE AND RESPECT The United States Army is structured on several values and principles that it upholds, among these are military bearing, discipline and respect. These principles represents what the dissertation organization strongly believes in and governs the most basic customs and courtesies. How Far Was the Field Marshall Douglas Haig Responsible for the Failings of the British Armies on mba custom, the Western Front in 1916 and 1917? How far was the Field Marshall Douglas Haig responsible for the failings of the British armies on the Western Front in dissertation, 1916 and 1917? Was Sir Douglas Haig responsible for the failings of the British army on the Western Front? That questions has caused many debates and disputes between many historians. Responsibilities of a Petty Officer. AC3 (AW/SW) Kondracki, Phillip 16OCT08 Responsibilities of a Petty Officer “God of our fathers, who by land and papers, sea have ever lead us to doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, victory, please continue your inspiring guidance in this the greatest of all conflicts.

Strengthen my soul so that the weakening instinct of self-preservation. ?What is professionalism in papers, the United States Army and what does it mean to be or act professional? Professionalism is being an expert and specializing in the knowledge of ones professionalism of their practice. The Merriam Webster dictionary sets the doctoral dissertation projects definition of professionalism as the conduct, aims. Professionalism in the United States Army. ?Professionalism in the United States Army Professionalism is bahasa, defined as the conduct or qualities that characterize a professional person. Professionalism in the United States Army is different from any other career.

It is involved in doctoral enhancement projects, every part of the United States Army . No matter where you are, at bahasa work. demand discipline and accountability but when it comes to army , soldiers are trained especially on these lines primarily because there are huge costs associated in case these principles are not held high by the armed forces. All organized armies focus on the importance of doctoral dissertation accountability and bahasa melayu, teach it at. The Army command policy is defined with AR 600-20.The Purpose of dissertation AR 600-20 is as follows: This Regulation prescribes the policies and responsibilities of command, which include the Well-being of the papers force, military discipline, and conduct, the dissertation Army Equal Opportunity Program, and the Army Sexual Assault. Integrity and Responsibility: Two Serious Things to Have in the Army. Integrity and responsibility are to be considered two very serious things to have in the army . While integrity is one of the essay seven army values, responsibility is also looked on heavily being in the army . Integrity is defined as to doctoral enhancement, be honest or truthful. I failed to have integrity while not being honest. ethos within the Army Profession. It is term papers abortions, reflected in dissertation enhancement projects, motivation, morale and discipline of the soldiers in a unit. Pride in what they are doing for their families and the American people, as well as just knowing they are doing something good with their lives but living up to the army morals and values. Integrity - Taking Responsibility for One's Qwn Actions.

Integrity Taking Responsibility for ones own Actions Integrity is a multi-side term where we try to bring together various overlapping qualities. Integrity can be viewed as integrating various parts into a harmonious whole, intact and uncorrupted. Integrity can also be viewed as one who is holding. The Doctrine 2015 Army Study Guide Mission Command Center of Excellence, Doctrine 2015 http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/MCCOE/Doctrine2015Tables.asp Doctrine 2015 is online writing, transforming the Army's doctrinal base to deliver doctrine - clear, concise, current and accessible - to the point of need. Dissertation! This process. Responsibility First of all, responsibility is the realization of the importance of your duties whether they lie in doing your share of housework at home or managing a group of employees. History Scheme! It is doctoral projects, understandable that by your deeds you contribute to term papers abortions, some common cause and that other people rely on doctoral dissertation enhancement projects, you. If. ? ARMY VALUES Going through basic training, we are preached and taught all about the army values. They are important because they are character traits that help develop and maintain discipline. These values and the resulting discipline, cause soldiers to do the right thing and continue doing the right.

Military Duties, Responsibility and Integrity Military duties, responsibilities and integrity is important to the Army . An NCO duties includes taking care of his or her Soldiers and accomplishing the term papers abortions mission. A Soldier’s duty includes obeying orders. Duty and Responsibility is doctoral dissertation projects, part of mba custom papers the. | | The British Army is the land warfare branch of the doctoral British Armed Forces of the United Kingdom. Narrative! It came into being with the unification of the doctoral dissertation projects Kingdom of England and Scotland into the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1707. The new British Army incorporated Regiments that had already existed in England. Army Regulation 600-20, Chapter 4 Military Discipline and Conduct, states; Military discipline is founded upon self-discipline, respect for properly constituted authority, and the embracing of the professional Army ethic with its supporting individual values.

Military discipline will be developed by. in the Army probably began with President Truman's executive order to desegregate the services in 1948. Bahasa! However, the 22 years that followed saw no significant, deliberate, well-conceived plan or program to check systemic discrimination and other forms of doctoral enhancement unequal treatment. Since 1970, the papers abortions Army has been. Responsibility is one of the most important things in the Army . Accountability is projects, also a very important part of being in abortions, the army and it goes hand in hand with responsibility . I failed to maintain accountability of my weapon while at Yakima Training Center. This was not an example of being a responsible. An army , is a fighting force that fights primarily on land. In the broadest sense, it is the land-based military branch, service branch or armed service of a nation or state. It may also include other branches of the military such as the air force via means of doctoral enhancement aviation corps. Within a national military.

Army Values Loyalty | Duty | Respect | Selfless service | Honor | Integrity | Personal courage “ Army Values” is not merely a phrase for online help for essay, how members of the Army should act; they are who we are. We emulate the seven Army Values because they are the standard for dissertation, behavior, not only in the Army , but in. AR 4856- Initial Counseling US ARMY. brief your Sergeant as soon as you make any appointments. The day of art and design your appointment remind your Sergeant of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects your appointment time. It is your responsibility to be where you are told to term papers abortions, be; on time, and in doctoral enhancement projects, the proper uniform, to include appointments.

Do not get caught playing games on your cellphone. Dalton Peters LOYALTY Loyalty is the faithful actions to a person, unit, or Army . It is the thread that binds our actions together and causes us to support each other, our superiors, our family, and papers, our country. Enhancement Projects! Supporting a superior or a program even though it is being openly criticized by peers. military organization, your chain of command will often be drawn on an org-chart, which ends up looking like Zeus' family tree or a bowl of pasta. The Army has only one chain of command.

Through this chain of command, leaders issue orders and instructions and convey policies. Chain of Command inn general.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -

format of cv writing This page explains how to write a British-style CV (curriculum vitae, or resume, or personal history) and covering letter, used when applying for jobs in doctoral projects the UK. Author: Corinne Mills. Date: January 2009. Author: Tracey Whitmore. Publisher: How To Books Ltd. Your CV ( curriculum vitae ) is a summary of your work experience and help for essay education, used for dissertation enhancement, job applications. A resume (properly written as resumé) is an American English term for a CV. A covering letter is coursework a letter sent with your CV which explains details about doctoral dissertation projects, your application to papers a particular company.

A reference is a formal letter to an employer, from somebody who knows you well, describing your character or ability. A referee is a person who provides a reference for you. How should I design the doctoral dissertation projects layout of my CV? There are many ways to design a CV. Mba Custom? This section gives an example. Print your CV on good quality white paper. The paper size should be A4 (this is projects 21.0 cm wide and 29.7cm tall).

Usually you should not attach a photograph. Leave wide margins (there should be a gap of at least 2 centimetres on the top, bottom, left and right). A good font size to use is 12 (or 10 if you want to art and design put more information on your CV). The document should use only one font style, for example Times New Roman. Use bold ( Bold ) or italics ( Italics ) to emphasise important words. Only underline section titles (or do not underline any words).

If you make a list (for example, a list of your job achievements), consider using bullet points. Try to keep the enhancement CV on one side of paper, or use two sides if you have a lot of relevant work experience or qualifications. Keep your sentences short and simple. A typical section order is: There is an example CV shown below. When writing your name, always put your own name first and term papers abortions your family name last (even if you write the family name first in your own country). Include the full postcode in your address. Make sure that you will be able to collect all mail sent to this address (if you move, ask the owner to forward letters to projects you).

If you have a mobile telephone, put this number on mba custom your CV, so that you can be contacted easily. If you use a voicemail service, it will be easier for callers to leave a message for you. If you do not have a mobile telephone, give the number of the telephone at your accommodation. The telephone number should start with the dissertation area code, written in brackets; for online help, example, a London number should be written (020) xxxx xxxx. Doctoral Dissertation? If the telephone has an answering machine, make sure that you check the messages every day.

If you are sharing someone else's telephone, ask that person's permission before using their number on your CV. Write your e-mail address next to your telephone number, and check your messages regularly. Create two columns. Use the narrative left-hand column for dates. For start and end dates, use either full years (eg 1998-2000) or the first three letters of the month followed by the last two digits of the year (eg Jun 98-Sep 00) In the right-hand column, provide information about each of your job roles. Start by writing the name of the company (in bold) and its location. On the next line you might give a brief description of what the company does. You might give a title for your job (and perhaps a department name) on doctoral another line (highlighting this in abortions bold italics) You should list your main responsibilities and achievements within each role (perhaps using bullet points)

Give more detail for projects, recent jobs. Make sure that you mention skills which may be useful in the job for which you are now applying. If possible, avoid any date gaps unless they are covered within the Education section. Don't mention how much you were paid. When describing your achievements, use positive action verbs (for example: achieved, arranged, assisted, co-ordinated, completed, dealt with, developed, established, expanded, handled, helped, implemented, improved, increased, interviewed, introduced, maintained, managed, negotiated, organised, planned, processed, programmed, proposed, promoted, purchased, redesigned, reduced, reorganised, revised, sold, solved, streamlined, supervised, trained, translated, worked, wrote). You should not use the word I on your CV; this is essay friendships understood. For example, you might write Increased sales at doctoral dissertation the shop, but not I increased sales at the shop. Remember that the art and design essays person reading your CV may not be familiar with the education system in your country. Create two columns. Use the doctoral dissertation left-hand column for the dates.

For start and end dates, use either full years (eg 1998-2000) or the first three letters of the month followed by the last two digits of the year (eg Jun 98-Sep 00) In the right-hand column, list the for essay writing name of the school or university on one line, followed by doctoral dissertation enhancement projects further details (the course name or the number of exam subjects passed) on the next line. List formal educational qualifications only in this table (eg university and mba custom secondary school, but not a language school or part-time courses), stating the most recent (and highest level) qualifications first. If you have been to a post-graduate school or college, put the name of this after a label such as Post-graduate studies: so that the level is clear. If you have been to doctoral dissertation projects a university, use the essay friendships word University in the name, or put a label such as University: before the name so that the level is clear.

If the projects university is one of the art and design top universities in your country, state this fact (the interviewer may not know it). State the name of the town and country after the university's name. In the description, put the name of the doctoral projects main subject studied (try to avoid using the words major or minor, which are used in coursework mark American English). If you studied English, the subject should perhaps be described as English language and literature, not just English literature. Doctoral Projects? Avoid mentioning grades unless they are particularly good; if you do mention grades, make sure that they are clear (e.g. Mba Custom? 80%, or top grade) - the British university grade system is probably different from that in your country. You should list any schools you have attended between the ages of about 15 and 18, but not before this age.

You should add the doctoral enhancement projects label Secondary school: before the name of the school, or include the narrative words High School in the name. If you took exams in enhancement a wide range of subjects, you may prefer to list only the number of subjects passed instead of the subject names, or if you have been to university you may choose not to list any secondary school qualifications. If you are studying in mba custom the UK, you may want to include details of this course. If so, write this in dissertation a line under the gcse history main table. For example, you could write Currently studying English at ABC school, London (since January 2001). If you have other skills or qualifications which you believe may be relevant, you can list these. English exams which you have passed (eg Passed Cambridge First Certificate of English). Computer skills (eg Good knowledge of standard office software, including e-mail and the internet)

Typing speed (only mention this if you are applying for data entry or secretarial jobs) An international driving licence (only mention this if you may need to doctoral dissertation projects drive for the job) Create two columns; use the left-hand column for labels and the right-hand column for friendships, information. The exact list of dissertation enhancement personal details you want to give may depend on art and design essays your circumstances and doctoral what the job requires, but the list below will give you a guide. Write Date of resume birth:, followed by the day you were born in the second column, eg 3 Feb 1980. Note that the date should be written in doctoral British date order (day, month, year), not in American date order (month, day, year). Write Nationality:, followed by your nationality eg Japanese. You may want to bahasa write Gender:, followed by Male or Female, if this is not obvious to a British person from your name. Whether you are a man or a woman may be relevant for some jobs.

Write Work status:, followed by a description of the status implied by the stamp in your passport, for example, Student visa or EC citizen (no work permit required). Write Interests: followed by a short list of perhaps 3 or 4 main hobbies or interests. As you have come to the UK to study, you can probably include interests such as travel, learning languages, or international cultures. Enhancement Projects? Don't list anything which you wouldn't be happy to discuss at an interview. Include interests which may show the interviewer that you have good social or team-working skills, that show your dedication / enthusiasm / success, or that highlight additional skills that may be useful in the job (for example, computer or language skills).

If you think it is necessary, write References:, followed by Available on request. Gcse History Mark Scheme? You should only provide references if your employer asks for them. If you do need to give a reference, make sure that you have asked the person beforehand. Enhancement Projects? Possible referees include a teacher or previous employer. It may complicate your application if you give the name of a referee who lives abroad; if you want to do this, make sure that the person will be able to provide comments in resume English, and doctoral enhancement give an e-mail address so that delays can be minimised. 52 Orchard Street, London W2 3BT. Telephone: 020-7654 3210; Mobile: 07960 999999; E-mail: akiko9999@hotmail.com.

· Advised the main shop's customers about organic and gcse coursework mark health foods. · Developed new business in doctoral smaller satellite stores, explaining the benefits of supplements and organic food to potential new customers. · Increased sales at both the friendships main and projects the satellite shops. The extra profits were used to expand the essays business by establishing a new shop. · Examined incoming mail and dissertation enhancement projects redirected this to the appropriate division. · Translated foreign letters (written in history English) into Japanese.

· Dealt with customs enquiries and procedures. Computer literate: good knowledge of Word and Excel, as well as e-mail and the internet. Fluent in doctoral projects Japanese; practical knowledge of English and Korean. If you are sending an application directly to a potential employer, you should write a one-page letter to accompany your CV (a covering letter). The covering letter may either be typed (better if you are applying to a large company) or written neatly by hand (better if you believe that a typed letter may appear too formal).

There is an help example covering letter shown below. State what type of visa you have, so that the potential employer knows that you will be able to work legally. You may want to mention the level of your English ability. Explain in your letter how you can be contacted. If you are about to doctoral change your accommodation, you should ask to be contacted either on your mobile telephone or by e-mail. If you give the essay telephone number of doctoral dissertation enhancement projects your host family, you should ask them for their permission first, and you should check if they have an answering machine.

EXAMPLE COVERING LETTER. Re: Job as a part-time sales assistant (reference: JBW5014) I would like to apply for the job of online for essay a part-time sales assistant in the food section of Fortnum Mason's in doctoral dissertation Piccadilly, as advertised in Loot Recruit on narrative essay friendships 2 August. Please find attached a copy of doctoral projects my CV. My previous jobs include two years as a sales assistant in an organic food shop in Japan. Bahasa Melayu? This has given me experience of dealing with customers, as well as cashier skills and a basic knowledge of food retailing. I have been living in London since last September, and am currently studying English at a language school.

I have good English communication skills (recently I passed the Cambridge First Certificate in English exam). My fluency in Japanese may be useful when dealing with your Japanese customers. I am an enthusiastic worker, and enjoy working in dissertation enhancement a team. My student visa entitles me to work up to 20 hours per narrative essay friendships week (or longer during my school holidays), and I could start work immediately. I would welcome the opportunity to doctoral enhancement projects discuss the narrative job vacancy with you on the telephone or at an interview. I can be contacted most easily on doctoral dissertation enhancement projects my mobile telephone or by e-mail (see details at the top of this letter). SENDING YOUR APPLICATION. Check your CV and covering letter carefully before you send them. Use the abortions spell-checker on doctoral dissertation enhancement the computer (set the language to bahasa British English rather than American English). Ask a native English speaker to check what you have written, and enhancement ask this person for papers, any comments they may have.

If sending your application by post, send it by dissertation first class rather than by second class (it shows that you care about mba custom papers, getting the job). If you send an enhancement application by e-mail, telephone to gcse mark scheme make sure that it has arrived, or send an doctoral dissertation projects application in the post as well. Alternatively, you may wish to hand in your application personally; if so, use this opportunity to find out more about the company and ask when you can expect to hear from them. If you have not heard from the company two weeks after you sent your application (or before the closing date for mba custom papers, applications, if there is dissertation projects one), telephone the narrative essay friendships company to dissertation enhancement projects check that your job application has been received and that there haven't been any problems contacting you. It is often the case that people are invited for papers, an interview for dissertation, only a small number of the jobs to which they apply. Try not to feel depressed if it takes a long time to essay friendships get a job. If you are rejected by a company, ask them to give you some comments, so that you can improve the quality of your later applications. Prepare for a job interview: Work/Interview.

Improve your English writing skills: English/Writing.